2017 PREDICTIONS!

Finally gonna start posting for this season (also a note: only heard BD and only once through, mostly going off of what I have read on corp threads)

Opening show:

1. Bluecoats

2. Cavaliers

3. Crown

4. Cadets

5. Blue Stars

6. Crossmen

Clovis:

1. BD

2. SCV (could beat BD, but based on what I've heard of BD, it could be very hard to do that)

3. Phantom (excited for this show)

4. BK

5. Academy

6. Mandarins

7. SCVC

8. Pacific Crest

9. BDB

Massillon:

1. Bluecoats 

2. Cadets (only if they clean visually and brass)

3. Crown (if they maintain their apparent "cleanliness" probably ahead of Cadets though)

4. Boston Crusaders (COULD pass The Cadets and Crown, but would have to be on FIRE)

5. Troopers

Edited by kinetic inferno11

OK, I'll play along.

Opening show:

1. Bluecoats

2. Cavaliers

3. Crown

4 Cadets

5. Blue Stars

6. Crossmen

Clovis

1. BD

2. SCV

3. Phantom

4. BK

5. Academy

6. Mandarins

7. Pacific Crest

8. BDB

9. SCVC

Massillon 

1. Bluecoats 

2. Crown

3. Cadets

4. Boston

5. Troopers

Some "battle" predictions I have for this year:

BD and Bluecoats will battle it out all season long for 1st.

SCV and the Cavaliers will battle for the last spot on the medal stand.

Crown will start strong, but a possibly weaker show from them could find themselves battling with Cadets later on for 5th.

Phantom and Boston, both starting with MUCH improved products this year, will vie for 7th.

A battle of the Blues and Madison, too for 9th: Blue Knights, Blue Stars and Madison Scouts will all come out with great shows but it will be so stacked above them that this is what they will have to fight for.

Academy and Crossmen will battle for the last Finals spot. Perhaps another corps will sneak in there? Troopers, Colts, maybe even BDB? We'll see...

I hope Mandarins and/or Oregon try to go for 15th this season. I want to see a new face perform their full show at the Prelims cinecast!

• Like 2

Man people are really hyping Boston and counting out Crown. I think Boston sees an improvement this year but not enough to pass the likes of crown, Cavies, or cadets. Yeah crown is going through a lot of staff changes, but there's still too much talent there to drop them that far imo. We'll see what happens though.

Edited by DasTuba
Auto correct on phone
  • Like 2

Round two of predictions...
1. Blue Devils
2. Bluecoats
3. Santa Clara Vanguard
4. Carolina Crown
5. Cavaliers/Cadets
6. Cavaliers/Cadets
7. Boston Crusaders
8. Blue Knights
9. Phantom Regiment
10. Blue Stars
11. Madison Scouts
12. Crossmen
13. Academy
14. Colts
15. Troopers
16. Blue Devils B
17. Mandarins
18. Spirit of Atlanta
19. SCVC
20. Genesis
21. Oregon Crusaders
22. Pacific Crest
23. *Advancing Open Class Corps
24. *Advancing Open Class Corps
25. Jersey Surf
26. Pioneer

After seeing a bunch of videos I predict Blue Stars out of finals...boring show.

Also, Cadets take on Mass was better in '83 in terms of design, and execution at this point has me thinking 7-9 range.

Blue Devils and SCV will fight out 1 and 2, with the Cavaliers in 3rd. 

Also, Madison will be in 8-10 range.

Boston will be 5-7.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

After seeing a bunch of videos I predict Blue Stars out of finals...boring show.

Also, Cadets take on Mass was better in '83 in terms of design, and execution at this point has me thinking 7-9 range.

Blue Devils and SCV will fight out 1 and 2, with the Cavaliers in 3rd. 

Also, Madison will be in 8-10 range.

Boston will be 5-7.

We think alike..

I like BD and believe that SCV is going to surprise everyone this season. Cavaliers/Coats fight it out for 3rd, Crown may still win brass, but come in 5th (although they always seem to get it together late). I really see improvement in BK, Phantom and big time growth in Boston, so I'm thinking Cadets may be more in 7-9 range as well. Top 9 are going to be the best ever and closest I believe we will have had in years. I only disagree with you on Blue Stars as they sound pretty talented, so I'd be shocked to see them drop out of top 10. Academy should carry success back into finals and Id be surprised if Madison drops further. Other than that, I'm hearing the Oregon Crusaders and Spirit are markedly better, as well as BDB apparently tearing it up right now too. Will be interesting to see Genesis as they are full and talented, I'd not be surprised to see them in 18/19 range. Finally a top 25 that is beginning to look worthy of the "World Class" moniker. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Finally gonna start posting for this season (also a note: only heard BD and only once through, mostly going off of what I have read on corp threads)

Opening show:

1. Bluecoats

2. Cavaliers

3. Crown

4. Cadets

5. Blue Stars

6. Crossmen

Clovis:

1. BD

2. SCV (could beat BD, but based on what I've heard of BD, it could be very hard to do that)

3. Phantom (excited for this show)

4. BK

5. Academy

6. Mandarins

7. SCVC

8. Pacific Crest

9. BDB

Massillon:

1. Bluecoats 

2. Cadets (only if they clean visually and brass)

3. Crown (if they maintain their apparent "cleanliness" probably ahead of Cadets though)

4. Boston Crusaders (COULD pass The Cadets and Crown, but would have to be on FIRE)

5. Troopers

I agree with this although I think Cadets take a good month to clean up so that the solid characteristics of the show surface. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

We think alike..

I like BD and believe that SCV is going to surprise everyone this season. Cavaliers/Coats fight it out for 3rd, Crown may still win brass, but come in 5th (although they always seem to get it together late). I really see improvement in BK, Phantom and big time growth in Boston, so I'm thinking Cadets may be more in 7-9 range as well. Top 9 are going to be the best ever and closest I believe we will have had in years. I only disagree with you on Blue Stars as they sound pretty talented, so I'd be shocked to see them drop out of top 10. Academy should carry success back into finals and Id be surprised if Madison drops further. Other than that, I'm hearing the Oregon Crusaders and Spirit are markedly better, as well as BDB apparently tearing it up right now too. Will be interesting to see Genesis as they are full and talented, I'd not be surprised to see them in 18/19 range. Finally a top 25 that is beginning to look worthy of the "World Class" moniker. 

I agree Crown ultimately is the 2016 top 3 corps that falls out after a solid beginning to the season but I think SCV perhaps is the group that jumps up or maybe Cadets if they can get proficient by mid July when slotting begins. 

Edited by Tobias