2017 PREDICTIONS!

4 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

I just saw Cavies and Boston today.  I'd give Cavaliers the edge, but Boston is doing better than I expected.  We also haven't see Phantom and Blue Knights.

It's going to be a very wild ride!

I am dying to see a full run of Phantom's show. Dying. 

1 hour ago, craiga said:

Saw Boston Crusaders tonight...full show, top to bottom, full uniforms, props in, guard book complete.

I have been predicting finals placement for BAC 1-12th all winter.  Time to narrow it down and put it out there.

Based on tonight's performance and videos of others I have seen, I see Boston in 5th this summer, and most likely winning the guard trophy.  If this happens, would this still be considered hype?  Or, the new reality?

Your Euro-cousins love you, BAC.

Ignoret dem borgen, Boston. "Shake your bacon" BAC.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I am dying to see a full run of Phantom's show. Dying. 

Me too. I hear some positives.  Soon!!!!

Really quickly and I can't elaborate on this till Thursday for my start-of-season 12, but if there's a season where Blue Devils don't medal, this is it... and it wouldn't necessarily be their fault.

• Like 1

Well Cadets and Boston are much better than they were in 2016 but until you see everyone else, it's hard to predict anything.

I don't want to make another thread about this (maybe it should be, idk) but why are so many groups using vocalists? Isn't this drum and bugle corps? I know a few have had one in the past couple of years, but why the outbreak of them this year?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

I don't want to make another thread about this (maybe it should be, idk) but why are so many groups using vocalists? Isn't this drum and bugle corps? I know a few have had one in the past couple of years, but why the outbreak of them this year?

Boston has used singing in their shows as far back as 2000, I believe. So it's not a new/recent thing for them.

The trend, now, is most definitely "lead, follow, or get out of the way." The corps at the very top are the standard setters and those that wish to remain in the top 12 or become a part of it have picked up on what has been established as the new plateau of the activity. Pretty safe to say that the years of "General George" calling the shots for drum corps are gone, too. 

• Like 1