2017 PREDICTIONS!

The thing I most predict is that we very well have more than 3 corps fighting for the top spot by August, which would be exciting considering that for the past few years it has been two (or three in 2016).

My gut is telling me that we'll have an epic 2 way battle of blue at the top with a significant 2+ spread to the next group fighting for bronze.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, 3PoC said:

My gut is telling me that we'll have an epic 2 way battle of blue at the top with a significant 2+ spread to the next group fighting for bronze.

tier 1

BD and Bloo

tier 2 

SCV and Crown

tier 3

PR, Cadets, Cavies and BAC

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

tier 1

BD and Bloo

tier 2 

SCV and Crown

tier 3

PR, Cadets, Cavies and BAC

Yup, though I'm still keeping BK in that third tier. Before the mixed reviews started coming in I had Cavies in the 2nd group. We'll soon see!

• Like 1

Tiers sounds fun!!!(Also this is the last time predictions are fun and wacky because preseason still)

tier 1 - Good chance of win and almost definitely medaling

BD - They're just so consistent especially after a loss they're on their own tier not sure they'll win but if I was a betting man would put money on it

tier 2 - Possibility of challenging BD for 1st and have a distinct chance of medaling

Bloo - They're hot coming off from their first win but with no show material besides source music released can't put them in that top tier (also history PR '09 Cadets '12 Crown '14)

Crown - Solid corps once again could shape up as a winner but could also flop

Cavies - See comments on crown

SCV - The perennial corps which creates great shows which keep it in top 5ish but not quite good enough to medal, maybe their anniversary will give them extra steam?

tier 3 - All of these corps I've heard good things about but have done very little research so IDK about these Medaling seems like a stretch but so does dropping from finals

Crossmen, Bluestars, PR, BAC, BK, Cadets

tier 4 - In finals no surprise, out of finals no surprise

Madison, Academy, Troopers, BDB, Colts

Rough order - BD, Bloo, Cavies, Crown, SCV, Cadets, Bluestars, BAC, BK, Crossmen, PR , Madison / Troopers, Academy, BDB, Colts

Ok - going to put something up before tomorrow night just to make it "official"

(Finals)

1. BD

2. SCV

3. Bluecoats

4. Cadets

5. Cavaliers

6. Crown

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Knights

10. Blue Stars

11. Crossmen

12. Madison

I believe BD will go undefeated

SCV will sneak ahead of Coats at Indy

Cadets & Cavaliers will move ahead of Crown at Indy

Regiment will leap frog Boston at Indy

(in general I believe the corps will be closer heading into Indy so a little more swapping spots than a normal season)

BK & Blue Stars & Crossmen will be nip and tuck all year

Academy will miss finals by less than a half point to Madison

Awards:

Guard: BD

Brass: BD just ahead of Crown

GE: SCV just tops Coats

Visual: BD just ahead of SCV

Percussion: SCV just best Cadets

10 scores break 90

BD tops a 99

Coats & SCV both top 98

Overall winner: us fans!

Should be a terrific season,

George.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, henry7184 said:

What design issues?

Why should someone explain when you yourself can't lmao

8 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Ok - going to put something up before tomorrow night just to make it "official"

(Finals)

1. BD

2. SCV

3. Bluecoats

4. Cadets

5. Cavaliers

6. Crown

7. Phantom Regiment

8. Boston Crusaders

9. Blue Knights

10. Blue Stars

11. Crossmen

12. Madison

I believe BD will go undefeated

SCV will sneak ahead of Coats at Indy

Cadets & Cavaliers will move ahead of Crown at Indy

Regiment will leap frog Boston at Indy

(in general I believe the corps will be closer heading into Indy so a little more swapping spots than a normal season)

BK & Blue Stars & Crossmen will be nip and tuck all year

Academy will miss finals by less than a half point to Madison

Awards:

Guard: BD

Brass: BD just ahead of Crown

GE: SCV just tops Coats

Visual: BD just ahead of SCV

Percussion: SCV just best Cadets

10 scores break 90

BD tops a 99

Coats & SCV both top 98

Overall winner: us fans!

Should be a terrific season,

George.

I just dont understand (not just you) but anyone putting Cavies ahead of Crown.  We have seen all the leaks and most of the show and they are nowhere near each other.  Crown brass sounds better, Crown drums are cleaner, and Im sure someone can insight on the guard.  And you want to talk about design and effect is the reason but Cavies design is eh while Crown is trying new/old crown things.  Im not even a Crown honk but I can't see this happening.  Mars is a stepdown to what Propaganda was.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

I just dont understand (not just you) but anyone putting Cavies ahead of Crown.  We have seen all the leaks and most of the show and they are nowhere near each other.  Crown brass sounds better, Crown drums are cleaner, and Im sure someone can insight on the guard.  And you want to talk about design and effect is the reason but Cavies design is eh while Crown is trying new/old crown things.  Im not even a Crown honk but I can't see this happening.  Mars is a stepdown to what Propaganda was.

To be fair I think his picks were for Finals. So a lot can happen on the way to finals.  As for now, I am with you. It will not be close between  Carolina Crown and Cavaliers tomorrow.  I say Crown is up on them by 2, 3 points. If it were me judging, just based on lose clips that I have seen, it would be 4 or more points. The two shows are in different stages.  This is not a knock on the Cavaliers.  The Cadets are in the same boat.  They will start slow...but with Cadets I feel they have a good show that will eventually spring to life.  With Crown I'm not wild about the transition from Bach to brass band music (with the London Bridge is Falling down theme) and then a more musical theater approach to the end of the show. It's an odd palette for sure.  But as of right now they are marching well, they have excellent drill, their guard looks fantastic already, and their music scores should be excellent.  Their brass already sounds mid-season form on what is a demanding book.  If they work out the kinks with transitions and overall flow of the show, I say they are top 3 again. 

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

at finals. Not now. Crown will beat Cavaliers by 1.5 or 2 on Thursday night IMO

as far as the rest - Crowns horns are better, Cavaliers I believe will be better in GE and drums by finals

I greatly disliked Propaganda (I usually love the Cavaliers) so perhaps I feel it is a step up lol

• Like 1