2017 PREDICTIONS!

13 minutes ago, Eleran said:

Dang it, Cappy ... you and I are agreeing WAY too much these days.  It's scary!

We're clearly turning into the same person :sigh:

Just now, Eleran said:

You can have the wife and mortgage ...

You can have the enormous school debt :22_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

So......... I have a feeling BD might have an undefeated season.

They tend to not go quietly after plcing 2nd the previous year.

Just now, Hook'emCavies said:

It is also thr corps 60th anniversary. They are going to really push for another championship.

I really hope so, I try not to be biased since my kin is in the corps, I just hope for a great season.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Wow, you and I must be the only ones on here who greatly disliked Propaganda lol

It was not a favorite of mine either. Exceptionally well designed though. Guard so well integrated into the show and great guard work. Drill was also wonderful in terms of transitions, forms, and demand. Musically, it didn't thrill me and I thought they overdid the theme, but all in all it was an exceptionally well designed show.

Alright here goes nothin'.

12. Crossmen - I just don't get this one. I see two or three moments if that in their show. Their high quality performance will keep Madison at their heels.

11. Academy - Solidified. Plain and simple. Everything I've seen from them screams big and yet intimate. Love it, it's gonna grow and develop a ton, another fan favorite.

10. Phantom Regiment - Overhyped. I loved the idea, but I don't think it's gonna be executed too well, I just don't trust PR right now. That opening sounded nice though, so did the brass feature toward the end.

9. Cadets - Another idea I liked, but is yet another mess for the maroon and gold. Love the unis though.

8. Blue Knights - Typical BK show. Gonna be deep and introspective and reflective. I think it'll be forgotten four months from now.

7. Blue Stars - Up and up. Impressed a ton by what I've seen so far, and this is a show audiences can really connect with. It's hard to tell this story the right way, but I think they're pulling it off. Also that brass is out for blood.

6. Boston Crusaders - Just missing top 5, I think that this show for me will go down as the best story show in DCI's history. Truly a masterpiece, big things to come from them.

5. Carolina Crown - I really hate to have them here, but it's where they belong in my eyes. The brass is INCREDIBLE, but that goes without saying for them at this point. They have maybe my favorite uniforms this year, love the flashy yet subtle purple. But the singing in the closer is a mess, and the cohesiveness is a mess, and those kick drums are reminiscent of the mufflers in 14.

4. Cavaliers - Impressive, impressive show, and I think the doubters from Tuesday will be proved wrong tonight. Could be in my personal top 3 favorites for this season. Also shoutout to Matt Owen, he's really leaving his mark on the activity, in the best of ways.

3. Santa Clara Vanguard - Not quite ready to play with the big boys in Blue, but a stunning show ahead. Wish they and BD integrated Triumph of Time more though.

2. Blue Devils - Visually underwhelming and disappointing, but always performing better than the vast majority, if not all. That opening is killer, but I don't think the rest of the program is enough to get the gold.

1. Bluecoats - Do I hear "repeat"? Jagged Line, oh Jagged Line. This show is going to stun even more than Downside Up did, I think. Performance is up, and a title comes with less controversy.

• Like 2