2017 PREDICTIONS!

12 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

Alright here goes nothin'.

12. Crossmen - I just don't get this one. I see two or three moments if that in their show. Their high quality performance will keep Madison at their heels.

11. Academy - Solidified. Plain and simple. Everything I've seen from them screams big and yet intimate. Love it, it's gonna grow and develop a ton, another fan favorite.

10. Phantom Regiment - Overhyped. I loved the idea, but I don't think it's gonna be executed too well, I just don't trust PR right now. That opening sounded nice though, so did the brass feature toward the end.

9. Cadets - Another idea I liked, but is yet another mess for the maroon and gold. Love the unis though.

8. Blue Knights - Typical BK show. Gonna be deep and introspective and reflective. I think it'll be forgotten four months from now.

7. Blue Stars - Up and up. Impressed a ton by what I've seen so far, and this is a show audiences can really connect with. It's hard to tell this story the right way, but I think they're pulling it off. Also that brass is out for blood.

6. Boston Crusaders - Just missing top 5, I think that this show for me will go down as the best story show in DCI's history. Truly a masterpiece, big things to come from them.

5. Carolina Crown - I really hate to have them here, but it's where they belong in my eyes. The brass is INCREDIBLE, but that goes without saying for them at this point. They have maybe my favorite uniforms this year, love the flashy yet subtle purple. But the singing in the closer is a mess, and the cohesiveness is a mess, and those kick drums are reminiscent of the mufflers in 14.

4. Cavaliers - Impressive, impressive show, and I think the doubters from Tuesday will be proved wrong tonight. Could be in my personal top 3 favorites for this season. Also shoutout to Matt Owen, he's really leaving his mark on the activity, in the best of ways.

3. Santa Clara Vanguard - Not quite ready to play with the big boys in Blue, but a stunning show ahead. Wish they and BD integrated Triumph of Time more though.

2. Blue Devils - Visually underwhelming and disappointing, but always performing better than the vast majority, if not all. That opening is killer, but I don't think the rest of the program is enough to get the gold.

1. Bluecoats - Do I hear "repeat"? Jagged Line, oh Jagged Line. This show is going to stun even more than Downside Up did, I think. Performance is up, and a title comes with less controversy.

We've really got to follow up some of these Boston fan predictions in August. Boston is NOT beating Regiment, Cadets, Blue Stars and Blue Knights at finals. They simply don't have the show content. 

I do think they will do well and have a couple "upsets" along the way this season, but the show (except the guard) is box 3 and 4 content. They should have a great season and really set up a wonderful 2018 if they hold onto all the the staff 

I'm excited but some of these predictions are almost unfair to the corps. Like 9th or 8th or 7th will be a letdown?

And then to say Regiment is "overhyped"

Regiment has won multiple championships and only a handful of corps can say that!

lol

• Like 4

Day contest prediction! 

1. Svc

2. BD

3. CC

4. Bluecoats 

5. Cadets

6. PR

7. Cavaliers

8. BK

9. BlueStars

10. Boston

11. Crossmen

12. Madison 

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

We've really got to follow up some of these Boston fan predictions in August. Boston is NOT beating Regiment, Cadets, Blue Stars and Blue Knights at finals. They simply don't have the show content. 

I do think they will do well and have a couple "upsets" along the way this season, but the show (except the guard) is box 3 and 4 content. They should have a great season and really set up a wonderful 2018 if they hold onto all the the staff 

I'm excited but some of these predictions are almost unfair to the corps. Like 9th or 8th or 7th will be a letdown?

Regiment has won multiple championships and only a handful of corps can say that!

lol

BUT BUT BUT George you said previously Boston COULD finish 6th...so I'm just scratching my head thinking...how does Boston make that happen?

I already made a prediction prior to all the show announcements but I'll amend some and make this my final predictions for the season while I sit in the theater and wait for the show to start lol

1. Blue Devils 

2. Bluecoats 

3. Santa Clara Vanguard 

4. Carolina Crown

5. Cavaliers

6. Cadets

7. Phantom Regiment 

8. Blue Stars

9. Boston Crusaders

10. Blue Knights 

11. Crossmen

12. The Academy

39 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

lol

And we'll save this commentary for future reference too George.  Maybe Saturday night will be one of those "upsets"?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

lol

I disagree.

5 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

And we'll save this commentary for future reference too George.  Maybe Saturday night will be one of those "upsets"?

Finals.

Just now, George Dixon said:

Ok!

Go in peace.

• Like 1