2017 PREDICTIONS!

6 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

George Hopkins is not a fan.  

G3 ---> Hop becomes director at Blue Devils(definitely not just Cadets wearing blue unis) :laughing:

Edited by jimthetuba
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, jimthetuba said:

G3 ---> Hop becomes director at Blue Devils(definitely not just Cadets wearing blue unis) :laughing:

He'll change the name to the Holy Name Blue Devils.  It wont make sense.

• Like 1

Just now, BoaDci said:

He'll change the name to the Holy Name Blue Devils.  It wont make sense.

But then they'll win because the contrast is innovative and Hop will once again be hailed as DCI god due to his visionary ideas.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I'm feeling pretty good about a Bluecoats medal this year after watching that rehearsal run and last night.  Which one remains to be seen, I don't think anyone is running away with anything this year.  Including them......or Blue Devils.   I WANNA FIGHT FOR IT!  May the best corps win.

I think Cavaliers could very well top last years placement.  Won't be easy, but they have the goods. Already a strong product they're selling but with tons of room for growth proficiency wise and design refining.  

I agree with you about Bluecoats. They have a complete show on the field and they can perform. The show is logical, has amazing staging, great brass and percussion, and perhaps their best guard yet. The GE is once again another monster. Maybe not quite as good as last year's GE, at this point, but compared to most of what I have seen so far I think Blooo's GE is superior.  

The Blue Devils are, to this point, the only real challenger. Maybe Crown or SCV can jump in there. BD has a smokin' HOT brass and percussion book and I love their show. But they also have a 2nd half of that show that needs to be finished in terms of drill, staging, etc.  I think their front half is WOW, but the back half needs work if they want to beat the Bluecoats.  Same with Crown. They have the performance ensemble to compete, but they have to make sense of that back half.  I have no problem with the vocals, but the style of music from the first 2 tunes to the last few is obvious. It's an odd juxtaposition.  I was a little shocked that the Cavaliers were that close to Crown. They are excellent no doubt, but I am having trouble making out that show right now. Probably more so musically.  They will improve no doubt.

6 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

It depends on if Crown has the guts to can the vocals... and then it depends on what they write for the ending.

It depends on what a whole bunch of corps do - including the presumed top 2

we are literally 2 shows in

10 hours ago, henry7184 said:

You were saying? :)

Nice "editing" - I was saying let's not set Boston up with hype to the degree that an 8th or 9th place finish will somehow be a "disappointment". Did you read the entire point I was making? They will improve DRAMATICALLY this year. This is a great thing. The show is not written in all aspect to compete top box. The guard appears to be mostly Box 5 intent. That is probably smart and should set the membership up for tremendous success this season. However predicting a 5th place finish is extremely unwise as it is highly unlikely. Now "anything can happen" but let's not over hype a corps. That's the point I was making. 

Just now, corps8294 said:

Does it really matter what General George thinks, anymore? 

Yes - he is a voting member of DCI and the director of a top DCI corps AND the DCA Champion and runs a massive band circuit

• Like 1

9 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Top 3: BD, Bloo, & SCV. Everyone else can go home. Lol

I know you mean this as a wise crack so that's how I will take it

I think it is BD vs. Bloo for Gold and about 5 corps vying for Bronze. But that's just initial impression

• Like 1