2017 PREDICTIONS!

1 hour ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I really hope Madison makes a return to finals.

Me, too. Thanks for bringing the Scouts some attention. Here is hoping their show tonight convinces everyone they're legitimately back in the mix for a good spot in LOS on a Saturday just 7 weeks from now.  

• Like 2

No way I'm putting ranks here....

However I'm gunna say this season is going to be long, and extremely intense with how close everyone is at the beginning....I expect throughout the season the ranking of the top spot will be given to quite a few of the top six corps from last year....Crown BD Bloo, SCV Cavies, especially around mid season. Towards then end I think the spread will likely begin to form though.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Crown is missing their last minute - I'd expect them to go up. Cadets also missing ending and should close up that gap with Cavaliers. Will be interesting to see if "early season" SCV is more with Crown or with Cavaliers.

Coats - I agree. They are the real deal and frankly the only corps I've seen that has a shot at beating them is BD. I do think BD will run the table this year. But we will see. 

Coats - guard IS their best ever. And they've had some very good guards. Coats guard is AMAZING. Will challenge BD/Crown/SCV in the top cluster IMO. Cavaliers/Boston/Cadets guards look good as well. We'll have to see how the guard caption plays out

Seems like you and I see the top competitors exactly the same. Show wise GE is going to either BD or Coats right now. That's half of what you need for a championship. 

SCV is also missing the last minute of drill to their current ending of the show...

Plus the actual ending.

• Like 2

I will say that the Blue Devils show is definitely different from their past shows and come August it will be a juggernaut, the brass book and percussion book is absolutely insane!

• Like 1

My medalists are easily BD, Bloo, and SCV.  No idea what order they're in.  

SCV will take awhile to get its legs (or lack of hehe cause snakes) but down the road in around late July that show will start to peak and by finals week I could not only see that medaling I could see that winning.  

WOW.  

• Like 1

I'll put Blue Devils pretty simply.  That is easily the corps to beat on a proficiency basis, but not the show IMO.  

Blue Devils win brass.  That could be an all time great brass line by the time finals rolls around.  Probably color guard too just judging by how they progress by finals unless Bluecoats get some traction too.  Percussion is a toss up between around 3 corps IMO.  Blue Devils, Santa Clara Vanguard, and Bluecoats.  

I think GE could go to SCV or Bluecoats and maybe BD.  I think all three of those are a good two points above the rest of the field.  At least one will break 98.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I'll put Blue Devils pretty simply.  That is easily the corps to beat on a proficiency basis, but not the show IMO.  

Blue Devils win brass.  That could be an all time great brass line by the time finals rolls around.  Probably color guard too just judging by how they progress by finals unless Bluecoats get some traction too.  Percussion is a toss up between around 3 corps IMO.  Blue Devils, Santa Clara Vanguard, and Bluecoats.  

I think GE could go to SCV or Bluecoats and maybe BD.  I think all three of those are a good two points above the rest of the field.  At least one will break 98.  

If BD steals the GE caption, it's over. 

But unless there's some big changes in the show visually, I don't see that happening. 

• Like 3