2017 PREDICTIONS!

3 hours ago, henry7184 said:

BD got a 99.65 in 2014. Not because they were nearly perfect, but because the judges ran out of room. It's all about numbers management and spreads. 

Image result for hmmm gif

52 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

Image result for hmmm gif

I actually just watched a high cam of Felliniesque........I'm kind of in between but if a 20/20 was strictly defined as perfection they didn't deserve one in color guard/visual analysis because there are, and we're talking INCREDIBLY minor for the most part, a few blips in the rifles (I found an over rotation and a drop or two) as well as some incredibly minute spacing stuff towards the end.  Maybe in content a 10 but achievement would be a 9.95 max if a 10 was strictly perfect in every way.  So I think part of it was numbers management and they were just that much better than 2nd place in all the subcaptions but it's also one of the absolute best constructed, performed, and effective shows I've ever had the pleasure of watching, it's almost certainly in my top favorite shows of all time.  I definitely think it deserved its score.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I actually just watched a high cam of Felliniesque........I'm kind of in between but if a 20/20 was strictly defined as perfection they didn't deserve one in color guard/visual analysis because there are, and we're talking INCREDIBLY minor for the most part, a few blips in the rifles (I found an over rotation and a drop or two) as well as some incredibly minute spacing stuff towards the end.  Maybe in content a 10 but achievement would be a 9.95 max if a 10 was strictly perfect in every way.  So I think part of it was numbers management and they were just that much better than 2nd place in all the subcaptions but it's also one of the absolute best constructed, performed, and effective shows I've ever had the pleasure of watching, it's almost certainly in my top favorite shows of all time.  I definitely think it deserved its score.  

there's no such thing as perfection. A perfect score just means the best that night. 

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Yeah I know it wasnt perfect.  I know this is the "get out of jail free card" for Felliniesque, but we arent on the tick system anymore.  I dont think they ran out of room either.  I think from a design standpoint it darn near perfection and thats why it got that score.  I think the judges in part knew that shows like that just dont come around often and thats why it got the score it did.  You do bring up some good points though, some drops were definitely noticeable, but some of the judges might not have seen them, its all about the view you get I guess.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

BUT that is not how they SCORE a perfect 20/20.

See Interview: http://www.marchingroundtable.com/2017/03/08/594-judge-can-give-perfect-score/

Nola Jones, Wayne Dillon, Jay Kennedy explain how a judge can give the maximum points possible in a caption, recorded live at the DCI Judge Administration Team Winter Meeting.

• Like 1

Just now, Liahona said:

BUT that is not how they SCORE a perfect 20/20.

See Interview: http://www.marchingroundtable.com/2017/03/08/594-judge-can-give-perfect-score/

Nola Jones, Wayne Dillon, Jay Kennedy explain how a judge can give the maximum points possible in a caption, recorded live at the DCI Judge Administration Team Winter Meeting.

I know all of this, I was just explaining something.  lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrumManTx said:

I know all of this, I was just explaining something.  lol

But your explanation DEFIES what the judges have SAID themselves...

If you said "I DrumManTx" would not have given perfect 20/20 that is another matter IMO

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1

Just now, Liahona said:

But your explanation DEFIES what the judges have SAID themselves...

If you said "I DrumManTx" would not have given perfect 20/20 that is another matter IMO

I wasn't saying that is how it's done.  I've listened to the podcast and know how it's done.......never mind.