2017 PREDICTIONS!

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Very interesting that when 99.15 was the measuring stick, or when BD popped a 99.05 in 2009, never recalled hearing about judges needing to manage their numbers etc. As soon as BD demolished that record, now it's an issue. I wonder if we kept 99.65 but gave that score to Crown, willing to bet this wouldn't be an issue. 

I don't know that it's anything about BD. Plenty of people made the exactly the same comments about Cavaliers 'and Cadets' 99.15. And about all the caption 20s that have been handed out over the years. If judges run out of room, it just means they need to manage their numbers so that they can award the top unit the spread they deserve.

BD 2014 was a great corps with a great show, but they'd have been just as great (and maybe gotten a bit bigger spread to Bloo) if the judging community had calibrated lower and awarded a 98.65 on finals night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Very interesting that when 99.15 was the measuring stick, or when BD popped a 99.05 in 2009, never recalled hearing about judges needing to manage their numbers etc. As soon as BD demolished that record, now it's an issue. I wonder if we kept 99.65 but gave that score to Crown, willing to bet this wouldn't be an issue. 

It had nothing to do with who got the 99.65.  I thought the other 99s and the 98.8 SCV got in 1989 (the whole top 7 were overstored in '89) were too high too. BD 2014 was, IMO, the greatest drum corps performance ever, so relative to the 99.15s it deserved the 99.65. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Except Blue Devils weren't the only record breaking numbers that night. When two other corps in different ball parks also have record high placement scores then yeah, there might of been a little problem with numbers. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

Except Blue Devils weren't the only record breaking numbers that night. When two other corps in different ball parks also have record high placement scores then yeah, there might of been a little problem with numbers. 

Well didn't Crossmen break the 12th place record?  So there you go from the get go.   And Carolina Crown broke the 5th place record.   

• Like 1

Just now, DrumManTx said:

Well didn't Crossmen break the 12th place record?  So there you go from the get go.   And Carolina Crown broke the 5th place record.   

Yup. Last, first and just about the middle. Not saying the Devils don't deserve it but there's definitely proof numbers were a little janky.

Make sure you add in the 84.2 SCV just got..

2 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

20032077_1217285911732029_12024865932127

Before I get the lecture about not comparing scores between shows......... I understand that. But since someone took their time and effort to produce this info, I felt it was my duty to share it.

BAC had a huge increase, awesome. Mandarins are knocking at the door :)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

20032077_1217285911732029_12024865932127

Before I get the lecture about not comparing scores between shows......... I understand that. But since someone took their time and effort to produce this info, I felt it was my duty to share it.

I will say I find it interesting that BD, SCV and Bluecoats took a couple of days to just rehearse and when they finally had a show they increased their score by 3-4 points, Crown took 5 days and only increased 1.5 points.

Edited by ConJam
  • Like 2