2017 PREDICTIONS!

10 hours ago, 777hornman said:

OK since you asked. DCI CORPS cannot sustain these staff outrageous staff salaries. The only reason these staff members went to BAC was because they tripled their salaries.

DCI is a very small group. Staffs jumping corps for money ?  Is it OK for members to jump corps if they were to get paid? If you remember staffs  went for the money once before with the MAGIC from ORLANDO.  So it does not surprise me. It is  just not good for Drum corps to have staffs leave org.they have been part of for money. This is not the loyalty DCI teaches its members so why is it OK for staff members ...IT IS NOT .   CHANGE IS GOOD agreed.But this is not a staff member. THis was a overhaul and gutted Crown and Cadets. 

I don't know the inner works of BAC's balance sheet, but people whom are happy at their current jobs generally don't leave. Did their salaries really triple? Where did you get that information from? Not doubting you - I just have never heard that. We'll see how this decision pays out for BAC, but so far it has been more than wonderful for them.

5 hours ago, Liahona said:

As for your loyalty point that DCI teaches it's members to be loyal...I call BS to that as well.  There are countless members that have marched multiple corps.  Generally, but not always the members leave their respected corps for pastures anew...and I don't fault any of them for that.

Yes, exactly. When I marched in the late 80s and early 90s, I would have never dreamed of leaving the corps I was with. Fortunately, I got the competitive success I wanted with them.

Nowadays, I don't know if I would be as loyal. I certainly would not have chosen the corps I marched with back then today. DCI is like a sport. Like in any sports, athletes do what they think is best to win. I don't think it's any different with the top talent today. They want to work with the best instructors to further their future careers. I didn't want a career in music or dance when I marched - I think more marches do today than in the past. They do what they need to to succeed. 

5 hours ago, Liahona said:

Since you obviously want to repeat yourself again I will respond this time.. The last time your comments were removed by the mods, so I see you now have toned down your anti-Boston campaign to a level that will pass scrutiny this time.

You fail to realize there are really TWO main reasons Boston staff LOVES being there.  

1. They all WANTED to work together and when that opportunity presented itself they made the move.
  2. They ENJOY the creative freedom that Boston has given them.

As for your loyalty point that DCI teaches it's members to be loyal...I call BS to that as well.  There are countless members that have marched multiple corps.  Generally, but not always the members leave their respected corps for pastures anew...and I don't fault any of them for that.

Gutted Crown and Cadets? Okay now your comments reach the level of laughableness. Do you realize how many other years Boston has lost great staff to other top tier corps?  I never heard Boston complaining about it either. When you decide to be less disingenuous let me know...

While it is true that many who marched Cadets' brass last season(s) are not marching there this season, it is fallacious to say that they followed Gino to Boston. Bloo, BD, CC, got as many as BAC. Most just stayed home on the main. I agree with Liahona on this.

Edited by xandandl

11 hours ago, 777hornman said:

OK since you asked. DCI CORPS cannot sustain these staff outrageous staff salaries. The only reason these staff members went to BAC was because they tripled their salaries.

DCI is a very small group. Staffs jumping corps for money ?  Is it OK for members to jump corps if they were to get paid? If you remember staffs  went for the money once before with the MAGIC from ORLANDO.  So it does not surprise me. It is  just not good for Drum corps to have staffs leave org.they have been part of for money. This is not the loyalty DCI teaches its members so why is it OK for staff members ...IT IS NOT .   CHANGE IS GOOD agreed.But this is not a staff member. THis was a overhaul and gutted Crown and Cadets. 

OK maybe you don't understand the roles of these folks at BAC.  They are also heading up other areas of the organization. They are not just limited to BAC.  You mention they tripled their salaries.  How did you come to know this?

is this a problem you also have with SCV and BD?  Or just Boston? Now that they obtained a staff equal to other top corps? What does SCV pay their staff?  How much is Gaines paid?  Or Sacktig with Crown or Aungst with Cadets.

The overhaul you speak of may best be explained by the staff members themselves.  What is good for DC is for other corps having the opportunity to obtain staff and not have everyone in the top most tier sit still and leave the status quo, so no staff goes anywhere and year after year after year, the top groups remain the same and lower tier corps have no chance to rise and challenge.  Boston decided to make a move, to not just hope things magically work out, so maybe just maybe, they can win a championship. 

• Like 3

I HAVE personally spoken with every new design team member at BAC, and guess what?  They ALL mentioned some version of artistic/creative freedom as being their number 1 motivator for coming to BAC. Yes, they are paid well.  So aren't the designers at BD and SCV. 

Can we all take a couple of deep breath's in this thread and just get excited for the first regional tonight?:thumbs-up:

With that said, my current mid-season finals predictions for placements are as follows:

1) SCV

2) Crown

3) BD

4) Bloo

5) Cavies

6) Boston

7) Cadets

8) Blue Knights

9) Phantom

10) BlueStars

11) Crossmen

12) Mandarins

13) Madison Scouts

14) The Academy

15) Colts

16) Troopers

17) Spirit of Atlanta

18) Pacific Crest

19) Oregon Crusaders

20) Genesis

21) Cascades

22) Jersey Surf

23) Pioneer

***Please take this prediction with a grain of salt, as it is just the opinion of one fan and holds no merit other than that.***

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

Can we all take a couple of deep breath's in this thread and just get excited for the first regional tonight?:thumbs-up:

With that said, my current mid-season finals predictions for placements are as follows:

1) SCV

2) Crown

3) BD

4) Bloo

5) Cavies

6) Boston

7) Cadets

8) Blue Knights

9) Phantom

10) BlueStars

11) Crossmen

12) Mandarins

13) Madison Scouts

14) The Academy

15) Colts

16) Troopers

17) Spirit of Atlanta

18) Pacific Crest

19) Oregon Crusaders

20) Genesis

21) Cascades

22) Jersey Surf

23) Pioneer

***Please take this prediction with a grain of salt, as it is just the opinion of one fan and holds no merit other than that.***

WTF!! I can't believe you forgot INT!!! :laughing:

19 minutes ago, ConJam said:

So what is Crowns program about? I just do not get it...

Deconstructionism