2017 PREDICTIONS!

2 minutes ago, Sandonovan said:

Deconstructionism 

Okay... what does the title have anything to do with it... and all the "I knew you" stuff?

Just now, ConJam said:

Okay... what does the title have anything to do with it... and all the "I knew you" stuff?

In my opinion, which will most likely differ vastly from another's, is that "IT IS" refers to how things exist and have seemed to exist for a while. Such as: The Field(IT) IS exists in the way we're all use to seeing it, but they deconstruct it throughout the show, warping some yard lines and completely removing other lines on the field.

48 minutes ago, Sandonovan said:

In my opinion, which will most likely differ vastly from another's, is that "IT IS" refers to how things exist and have seemed to exist for a while. Such as: The Field(IT) IS exists in the way we're all use to seeing it, but they deconstruct it throughout the show, warping some yard lines and completely removing other lines on the field.

Drum Corps of today - "IT IS" now vs. what it WAS and what it will be

I take the show as the opening third is corps as we know it, then the vocalist is "added" and pit pods pulled on the field, the music/drill deconstructs and they take the traditional field apart with the white and green line boards. The song talks about "i knew you when" as in traditional drum corps. Maybe I am reading too much into it :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Drum Corps of today - "IT IS" now vs. what it WAS and what it will be

I take the show as the opening third is corps as we know it, then the vocalist is "added" and pit pods pulled on the field, the music/drill deconstructs and they take the traditional field apart with the white and green line boards. The song talks about "i knew you when" as in traditional drum corps. Maybe I am reading too much into it :)

That about sums it up!

• Like 1

I think the fans win this year.  

Tonight was like a breath of fresh air for everyone..........felt like I was watching so many of these shows for the first time this year.  So many amazing changes, cleaning, etc.  Love it.  

I was in the this is a bit of an off season crowd.........until tonight.  It's on.  

• Like 7

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

I think the fans win this year.  

Tonight was like a breath of fresh air for everyone..........felt like I was watching so many of these shows for the first time this year.  So many amazing changes, cleaning, etc.  Love it.  

I was in the this is a bit of an off season crowd.........until tonight.  It's on.  

It's a crazy 2 man race for 1st!

It really really really blows to me thinking about 13th place.  If it does end up being Mandarins that might go down as my all time favorite/best designed 13th place and non finalist show ever.  If it's Madison Scouts it's easily one of the best performed.  I'm still pulling for Mandarins because #### their show is awesome but I know in my head that Madison Scouts corps is going to be hard to deny on anything and everything in terms of proficiency and performance and the show is really starting to come together.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2016 at 1:01 AM, DrumManTx said:

Santa Clara Vanguard comes out with a show for their 50th Anniversary that is the classiest, most beautiful, and most stunning show we have seen from them in a long time.

@DrumManTx

Edited by cube
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2016 at 0:21 PM, corps8294 said:

Might as well have some fun...
1. Blue Devils
2. Bluecoats
3. Carolina Crown
4. Santa Clara Vanguard
5. Cavaliers
6. Boston Crusaders
7. Cadets
8. Blue Knights
9. Blue Stars
10. Phantom Regiment

11. Crossmen

12. Academy/Madison Scouts

13. Academy/Madison Scouts

*Depending on how much more severe things get with The Cadets; I could see them as high as 7th (maybe 6th) or as low as 9th. It all depends on how strong the field of top 12 corps is next year.
*Depending on what Madison does in the design department will be a factor on how high they place. I'm sure the Academy enjoyed their experience in the top 12 and won't be so willing to be one of those "oh golly gee whizz" corps that had their moment in the spotlight and step down to allow a former powerhouse back in.

successfully predicted the crusaders leap :spitting:

• Like 2