2017 PREDICTIONS!

20 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I agree with whoever said you might as well make the top three the top six.  It's a group that's incredibly hard to break into and you have to be really on your game to break into it.  

Several Corps in the past have broken into the Top 6, ( hard to do for new Corps ), but its harder still to stay there. Same with 1st place. Some Corps have been able to do it once or twice, but BD " owns " that spot, most seasons. Thats why I do get a kick out of the fact people break groupings into perennial " TOP 6" or TOP 7", or whatever... but stop in their groupings there. Ok, if we are going to do Top 6 groupings or whatever, theres another grouping in the " Top 6 "  in DCI as well:  The Blue Devils...... then everybody else in the Top 6,... Top 12,... Top 25, etc.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Several Corps in the past have broken into the Top 6, ( hard to do for new Corps ), but its harder still to stay there. Same with 1st place. Some Corps have been able to do it once or twice, but BD " owns " that spot, most seasons. Thats why I do get a kick out of the fact people break groupings into perennial " TOP 6" or TOP 7", or whatever... but stop in their groupings there. Ok, if we are going to do Top 6 groupings or whatever, heres another grouping in the " Top 6 ". There is another grouping in DCI:  The Blue Devils...... then everybody else in the Top 6,  top 12, top 25, etc.

Eh I usually group them too. But Blue Devils I don't think I've ever had them lower than 3rd and certainly not in 2017.  

My top 2 is Blue Devils and Bluecoats until I see the shows.  That's definitely not to say they will be but staff consistency is a big thing and both have it, BD for a lot longer obviously and Bluecoats have just found what works very well for them.  They ain't broke and they didn't get any fixing. 

7 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Eh I usually group them too. But Blue Devils I don't think I've ever had them lower than 3rd and certainly not in 2017.  

My top 2 is Blue Devils and Bluecoats until I see the shows.  That's definitely not to say they will be but staff consistency is a big thing and both have it, BD for a lot longer obviously and Bluecoats have just found what works very well for them.  They ain't broke and they didn't get any fixing. 

True. Its always a safe placement pick to place  Corps where they finished last season. As such, ' Coats, BD would have to get the nod as repeaters 1,2... especially given theres been no known major staff turnover in either Corps this offseason.. just as you said.

Edited by BRASSO

7 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Really would loved to see SCV in there....here are my "risky" top 16

1. BD

2. SCV

3. Crown

4. Bloo

5. Cadets

6. PR

7. Cavies

8. Boston

9. BK

10. Blue Stars

11. Crossmen

12. BDB

13. Madison

14. Academy

15. Colts

16. Troopers

Man...that finals bubble is tough.

48 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

12. BDB

13. Madison

14. Academy

15. Colts

16. Troopers

Man...that finals bubble is tough.

This finish  would put the Blue Devils organization at a whole new level, now wouldn't it ?  Wow, that'd be incredible, no doubt about it.

Edited by BRASSO

13 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

This finish  would put the Blue Devils organization at a whole new level, now wouldn't it ?  Wow, that'd be incredible, no doubt about it.

Yeah, not something that anyone would see coming right now, but it wouldn't surprise me if we saw them finals bound here in a few years.  There really is so many corps this year that could really move forward, its a shame there is only so many spots.  Ill tell you one thing though, we are looking at a great year of drum corps if this keeps up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Im not a huge Bluecoats fan, but I would hate to see them have a follow up to a championship season like Crown did in 2014 (even though its probably one of my favorite Crown shows of all time)

What was wrong with the follow-up season of Crown in 2014?  They still remained at 95+ and in box 5?...that is...98.125 to 95.675...Still a superior product with a 5th place finish IMO...A far greater tragedy would be to compare to Phantom Regiment's fall from 1st to 9th place and out of box5...

5 hours ago, corpsband said:

Indeed.  In fact I think Crown might have gotten a significant (although perhaps unanticipated) upgrade.   We shall see.

You are certainly like a washing machine...no doubt!

You love to rinse and repeat yourself...must like listening to yourself too...haha

Actually ...I hope they have upgraded...only a good thing for the drum corps activity...love Crown here...

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

What was wrong with the follow-up season of Crown in 2014?  They still remained at 95+ and in box 5?...that is...98.125 to 95.675...Still a superior product with a 5th place finish IMO...A far greater tragedy would be to compare to Phantom Regiment's fall from 1st to 9th place and out of box5...

It was just a visual design fail.   Trampolines were bad idea. 

• Like 1