Need More Shows Like The Academy

So real quick I think it is obvious to say that the Academy had one of if not the most popular show of 2016. The show was so well written and arranged that it reached everybody judges and crowd alike.

Simply stated I feel we need more shows like the 2016 Academy. Shows that are incredibly fan engaging and not so far out or esoteric.

Bravo Academy!!

• Like 7

I loved The Academy's show....

BUT...

I also like variety....so I'm not voting for more shows "like" The Academy

• Like 1

RE: THE ACADEMY. in 2014 it was "Vanity Fair" a "Masterpiece" in my book Loved It and it came in 16th ) - : ., 2015 "A Step in Time" (Mary Poppins) Disney at it's best placed 15th was thirlled to see it on an IMAX theatre screen, and then this year 2016 "Drum Corpse Bride" ####, I'm still mopping up the floor and have scheduled "Tear Duct" replacement surgery after perpetual playback of "Drum Corpse Bride" featured by "Drum CORPSE Internantional" ( thank you Brandt Crocker to elevating the status of The Academy's show title and performance to "Legendary" ranks, thanks to your Brilliant "Drum CORPSE International" announcement..

So, What does The Academy have in store in 2017...I don't know, but with Michael Klesch writing the musical book and the probable return of its "creative team", they better open up the roof at Lucas Oil Stadium, cuz The Academy. as it proved Saturday Night,, is quite capable to hitting a Michael Klesch score it out of the park! Bravo Academy.

P.S. I'm so grateful for the creative way you remembered and celebrated the legacy of some mighty Corps and Instructors who passed before you. The use of Tombstones as objects of tribute in the midst of "Drum Corpse Bride" was extremely brilliant and very much appreciated, especially by me being from the Revere, Mass area, the old stomping grounds of my beloved 27th Lancers, RIP.

• Like 2

Umm... Carolina Crown's show was pretty much drawn from the same "How To Do Drum Corps" manual that Academy used. It too told a story and was very engaging...

Just sayin.

Umm... Carolina Crown's show was pretty much drawn from the same "How To Do Drum Corps" manual that Academy used. It too told a story and was very engaging...

Just sayin.

I said this very thing a week ago.

Academy is following Crown's lead in terms of show design, with inspiration from Blue Devils. They just need to retain their most accomplished musicians. Their musicianship scores obviously didn't get them into finals, and they cannot climb the ranks if they don't make progress with a more challenging musical book.

I like Academy as much as you all, but it's not like their approach is new. They simply did it well this year. I don't see how people think what they did is ground breaking. In general, I agree more corps should go this way instead of a strung together series of vignettes.