Staff merri-go-round

i few of us drink the BAC cool-aid....wanna join in and have a small glass? How can one not be excited?...this is the most excited I've been in 25+ years following BAC...Cadets and Crown will be just fine IMO

Kool_Aid_Man.jpeg

Liahona don't drink all of it...... Ghost is a little parched and may need to partake in a few sips!! lmao

• Like 2

First off "poaching" isn't "poaching" is the defrosting persons leave for a better offer. It is done every day in business. Ever leave one job for another? Ever been sought after by a head hunter? Secondly, inferring there has been poaching and accepting a position because of "lucrative financial offers" is a statement you better have definitive facts on. Which you most likely don't. inference without factual evidence basis is what's sad.

What do you think poaching is? It's not opening a caption head position and providing an opportunity for bright young talent somewhere else to "move up". They're taking people at the top of the stack at the top of the activity and offering a boatload of $.

What's really sad is when those caption heads bring their staff with them, leaving their former corps dry.

I'm a Crown honk, and yes, I'm bitter. Crown is an organization that should be respected on how they built a champion. They worked hard to create a culture that fostered excellence and family and treated their people (staff, volunteers, and members) with respect, and as part of their brand.

BAC will be sorely disappointed when they discover that they can't buy that kind of success.

Crown will recover. Excellence will find them.

Edited by Relics

many people at various points wanted crown to fire leon may, I always said that'd be a mistake Until recently his drill was not always 'flashy' but oh so good from guard staging and all that practical stuff.

He will be hard to replace. But if they do it with Jamey Thompson or Michael Gaines by some miracle, this may work out.

Edited by general_tsos_chicken2

pretty funny to see the BAC fans crow about having the "resources" to rent Lucas Oil for a rehearsal but then running from those same "resources" when acquiring staff.

No ones running. Where did you see that. The thing is, you know it costs to rent LOS. You don't know about staff salaries. Nor should you. But I am sure they will pay them. If you believe rumors; some key staff in some corps werent paid.

if crown makes some simple obvious moves, i think they will actually come out ahead in all this. but it's sad to see Doo-Doo leave after finally getting a Zingali.

Agree BUT I can see corps like crown as well as Cadets taking the gloves off and no more nice guys. I think we may see a behind the scene ### woopin being planned. Then again time as with everything tells a bigger story and a more complete picture than we see a year out.

• Like 1

What do you think poaching is? It's not opening a caption head position and providing an opportunity for bright young talent somewhere else to "move up". They're taking people at the top of the stack at the top of the activity and offering a boatload of $.

What's really sad is when those caption heads bring their staff with them, leaving their former corps dry.

I'm a Crown honk, and yes, I'm bitter. Crown is an organization that should be respected on how they built a champion. They worked hard to create a culture that fostered excellence and family and treated their people (staff, volunteers, and members) with respect, and as part of their brand.

BAC will be sorely disappointed when they discover that they can't buy that kind of success.

The Boston Crusaders are also an organization which should be respected, particularly since it has also fostered excellence and family as part of THEIR brand for 76 years. These were business decisions. Crown will be fine,.

• Like 3

I also feel like Crown and Cadets will be fine, they have great talent and I'm sure they can find the right staff to fit that. This is natural, Boston was just good at planning it out so they got some big hitters around the same time. The title of the thread is "Staff merri-go-round" after all, we should try to not be salty when it happens.

• Like 1

The staff isn't easily bought like that. They aren't happy at Crown and how the staff is treated.

offering a boatload of $. - So you know the financial terms of the agreements?

They worked hard to create a culture that fostered excellence and family and treated their people (staff, volunteers, and members) with respect, and as part of their brand. - I believe most corps in the activity work hard to do the same thing. You have no clue of the BAC culture.

Crown is a great organization. And I have no doubts that they will be just fine going forward. I wish them luck.

• Like 5