Staff merri-go-round

I would love to see Gaines back but I don't think he would be a good fit down in Allentown, also wonder how many rewrties he would be used to doing with all the dramatic changes that Cadets go through each season. I couldn;t see him working well with GH. Just my opinion.

First of all, total speculation.

I could maybe see him with Carolina Crown, would give them a fresher and more progressive approach visually. His last work in DCI was very geometric/traditional approached, but his reach and experience in WGI is far and wide, if he wanted to adapt to what goes on nowadays he more than could, and could probably do it better than just about anyone. If someone were able to convince him to return, they'd pick up a jack of all trades monster.

I would love to see Gaines back but I don't think he would be a good fit down in Allentown, also wonder how many rewrties he would be used to doing with all the dramatic changes that Cadets go through each season. I couldn;t see him working well with GH. Just my opinion.

HA! Each season? How many seasons has this happened just within the past 5 years? I think you're exaggerating.

I could maybe see him with Carolina Crown, would give them a fresher and more progressive approach visually. His last work in DCI was very geometric/traditional approached, but his reach and experience in WGI is far and wide, if he wanted to adapt to what goes on nowadays he more than could, and could probably do it better than just about anyone. If someone were able to convince him to return, they'd pick up a jack of all trades monster.

I agree with both you that Crown would be a far better fit :colgate:

I

could see Gaines BACK at The Cavaliers someday....

I

could see Gaines BACK at The Cavaliers someday....

With the design team at Cavies now clicking, it certainly doesn't make any sense in the immediate future. Would you agree with that? In which case Crown would be a wonderful home for him. (When did I first say that? Oh -- like right after he stepped away!)

Edited by corpsband

Crown / Gaines doesn't sound like a good match at all. Personally I don't think Gino/Colin and the Crown visual guys sound like a great match either. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

• Like 1

Crown / Gaines doesn't sound like a good match at all. Personally I don't think Gino/Colin and the Crown visual guys sound like a great match either. So I guess we'll just have to wait and see...

Any Cadets match of staff... any combo... now will probably work better for Cadets than the 2015, 2016 Cadets staffs. Clearly, everybody has not been on the same page under GH the last couple of years at the Cadets.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Any Cadets match of staff... any combo... now will probably work better for Cadets than the 2015, 2016 Cadets staffs. Clearly, everybody has not been on the same page under GH the last couple of years at the Cadets.

I believe, and I think many of us believe that whatever the final makeup of the design team is, it is in Cadets' best interest if George stays out of the design process.

• Like 3

Will Marc Sylvester return now to the Cadets ( Visuals) ? As long time Drum Corps followers here know, there is a lot of history between MS, and GH working together with the Cadets visuals in the past ( same as with Aungst with Cadets, Percussion ). Or has that shipped sailed now between MS and GH too ? What do DCP'er here think of that possibility of the return of MS to GH and Cadets ? Is Daryl Pemberton returning to the Cadets for 2017, do we know ?

I vote for Daryl.

• Like 1