Staff merri-go-round

He never marched Crossmen. He wrote their drill for a year or two while he was writing Cadets. He marched Garfield/ Bergen County Cadets and NYC corps. Never Crossmen.

He's on the '82 roster along with his brother John

http://crossmenalumni.org/1982roster/

• Like 2

He never marched Crossmen.

#false

• Like 2

He never marched Crossmen. He wrote their drill for a year or two while he was writing Cadets. He marched Garfield/ Bergen County Cadets and NYC corps. Never Crossmen.

It's not a stretch that he would have marched other corps other than Cadets...considering there are numerous articles out there about him starting to march corps at age 9 at The St. Mathias Blue Max that his father marched with in the 1940s...

oh BTW...that is cool that you guys keep track of all the members who marched with Crossmen... :thumbs-up:

oh BTW...that is cool that you guys keep track of all the members who marched with Crossmen... :thumbs-up:

Yeah - I was able to spot the name of a classmate from highschool on their 1981 roster, then googled him and found out he moved on to Blue Devils and was their snare captain for two years, and later an instructor there! Love when the data is available online.

Edited by Eleran

Let me also confirm Jeff "marching" in Crossmen where his brother was already a member. Crossmen needed someone to move grounded rifles and flags on the field from one position to another. Jeff was with his brother at most practices and was asked to take the spot. He said yes. The joke in his family is whether he, like his brother, was usually a soprano player, and now marches his first DCI show as a member of the color guard (few had males at that time; Crossmen did not other than Jeff.) I know there is a photo of Jeff placing the rifles about in his Crossmen uniform. I saw the photo for the first time at his Dad's wake. I'll try to find a copy.

I am sad to see Jeff leave the Cadets' organization but also congratulate him on winning DCA with C2. As he and Leon May are good friends (who both marched Cadets as sopranos and learned from George Z) so is Jeff a good friend of Michael Klesch and several other Crown staffers who marched Cadets. The transition and melding of the team there may not be as traumatic as it will be for other staffs to find their common blend.

If nothing else, '17 is looking to be quite exciting for the audience enjoyment at least. I'm sure there will be much excitement behind the scenes for MMs as well.

Edited by xandandl