Staff merri-go-round

well...to do it right does take a lot of people handling and logistical skills. each part of the ensemble always thinks their problems are everyone's problems. never mind coordinating with the visual priorities (which never line up with the musical priorities). keeping everyone happy can be a challenge -- oh not to mention actually accomplishing things after you've prioritized and scheduled them! you're right -- doesn't sound hard at all :-)

Well thanks for agreeing with me 👍
  • Like 1

Meh....Just noticed that Scott Koter is the new program coordinator at Santa Clara. Find this selection as well as that of Andy Toth to be quite surprising. There's a reason why neither were on staff at the Cavaliers for 2016 and if there's any doubt just go back and watch 2012-2015 then compare it to Propaganda. Or compare what Hinshaw did visually under Koter to what he did this past season under McGrath. Needless to say interesting choices for the corps leading into their 50th anniversary.

Wasn't Koter SCV's program coordinator just this past season? Based on watching "Force of Nature" in comparison to his most recent work at The Cavaliers, I think he made a good decision by moving to a new corps.

Wasn't Koter SCV's program coordinator just this past season? Based on watching "Force of Nature" in comparison to his most recent work at The Cavaliers, I think he made a good decision by moving to a new corps.

I don't know how much Koter had to do with the program though, he wasn't announced as being on their team until halfway through the offseason. They may have already had the show in place

I don't know how much Koter had to do with the program though, he wasn't announced as being on their team until halfway through the offseason. They may have already had the show in place

I didn't even realize he was there this past season. Last I had heard was that he was a consultant for pacific crest after "retiring" from the Cavaliers. Interesting choice though. Fiedler goes then Koter comes on board. If SCV is going to make a move into the medals this would the season to do it. I'm just incredibly happy with the direction the new design team at the Cavaliers is heading. Hope the best for Vanguard and their Anniversary season, just not sure the staffing decisions will get them to next level. Remember this is the man that brought you 15 minutes of Fame and Game On.

Edited by GREENBLUE
  • Like 1

Vanguard added Adam Sage and Andy Toth to their staff today.

Sage was last with Vanguard for the 2004 Scheherazade show right then went onto Phantom from 2005-2008?

Meh....Just noticed that Scott Koter is the new program coordinator at Santa Clara. Find this selection as well as that of Andy Toth to be quite surprising. There's a reason why neither were on staff at the Cavaliers for 2016 and if there's any doubt just go back and watch 2012-2015 then compare it to Propaganda. Or compare what Hinshaw did visually under Koter to what he did this past season under McGrath. Needless to say interesting choices for the corps leading into their 50th anniversary.

I wasn't going to say anything, but since you mentioned it... I agree totally, but I think it would be in bad taste to say more publicly. I've probably let my feelings known on Koter already.

• Like 1

He seems to be like that to a lot of people lately for whatever reason...he doesn't know your pedagogue like I do...just ignore it.

He's been doing that for a very long time, and I have my own ideas as to why... I've learned to ignore too.

I'm always interested in what LabMaster has to say, so keep it up LabMaster.

Edited by jjeffeory