Staff merri-go-round

Richard Saucedo is out, per Blue Stars Facebook page.

Many thanks to Richard Saucedo, Ian Grom, and John Mapes for 4 great seasons! We made some beautiful music together, and we wish you nothing but the best wherever your journey leads.

We will have some very exciting announcements regarding the 2017 season in the near future, and we can't wait to get started!

Whoever made the first move is not indicated by how well written this is. I remember that Dr. Saucedo came out of retirement from Carmel and DCI to join Blue Stars. Now that the LaCrosse team has finished building and furnishing the house, maybe he's ready to settle in for a long earned rest.

Edited by xandandl

It would seem Shapiro and Ford are staying. Bringing new people on board for music arranging. I would kind of dig Frank Sullivan coming back if that were to happen. I like his arranging.

Obviously a little friction between designers at the Blue Stars last year. That is too bad. Anxious to see the stars staff announcements.

Blue Stars moved up 2 placement positions in 2016 over 2015 too... but you are right, there was probably some friction there behind the scenes among the staff there, it would appear. Saucedo ( Brass ) out there too, its being reported on their site.

Edited by BRASSO

It would seem Shapiro and Ford are staying. Bringing new people on board for music arranging. I would kind of dig Frank Sullivan coming back if that were to happen. I like his arranging.

I'll bet Frank Sullivan will be back now at Blue Stars.. Sullivan & Ford work together in the Inspire Music, Entertainment & Productions Co. in Tampa.. so my guess Frank Sullivan be Saucedo's replacement at Blue Stars.

Edited by BRASSO

Blue Stars moved up 2 placement positions in 2016 over 2015 too... but you are right, there was probably some friction there behind the scenes among the staff there, it would appear. Saucedo ( Brass ) out there too, its being reported on their site.

I think Tommy Williams is there. He did a good job when he was with Boston.

Of the four years that Saucedo arranged/composed for the Blue Stars, I was sort of cold to two years (13, 15) and LOVED two years (14, 16).

I would've been content with him there forever, but I hope this signals that Frank Sullivan is returning in a more substantial role.

The percussion was the Blue Stars strongest section. That announcement, alone, has me thinking they are going to drop like a rock in placement. Regardless of who stays on or who they get, that section is going to be in rebuilding mode and will definitely take a toll on the rest of corps. Hmmm, now I'm thinking no higher than 12th and no lower than 14th.

The percussion was the Blue Stars strongest section. That announcement, alone, has me thinking they are going to drop like a rock in placement. Regardless of who stays on or who they get, that section is going to be in rebuilding mode and will definitely take a toll on the rest of corps. Hmmm, now I'm thinking no higher than 12th and no lower than 14th.

To be fair, you kinda low balled them all summer by 2 or so placements.

I'm hoping as a fan of them they use this as an opportunity to upgrade. Loved what this last team was able to do when everyone thought they were gonna miss finals every year after 2012, but I'm just being optomistic I guess.

Not a loss until the replacements suck. If Sullivan comes back, which is purely speculation at this point, that would be a great thing. Percussion, hoping the majority of the staffers that were not brought in with Mapes and Grom stay which is more than I thought.

Crossing my fingers.

• Like 2