2017 Boston Crusaders

WAFFLES!

that bored ehhhh?...lol

Getting back to uniform discussion for Boston...I've always liked the drum majors uniform...I wonder how that would look for the corps proper...personally I like the white and black look...then they could make the drum majors red & black...just reverse the idea so to speak...not sure how many alums would be antipathetic though...

bostoncrusaders.jpg

Given the Corps History Surrounding the White and the Red uniform, this might be a nod to the past and signify a new beginning?

What I'm concerned with is how Band shoppe will work with Visual Designers that have been heavily affiliated with FJM for many years..,

I don't know if there is a contract in place with the Band Shoppe but an FJM tie-up would be sweet with a new uniform. The uniform is so symbolic of everything and to stay in the same uniform with some much change in the organization would be an error IMO.

Plus who doesn't love a new uniform reveal in Early June...

.I've always liked the drum majors uniform...I wonder how that would look for the corps proper...personally I like the white and black look...then they could make the drum majors red & black...just reverse the idea so to speak...not sure how many alums would be antipathetic though...

Recent DM's have hoped the jackets were all white. No more black back. Not sure if there are as many Boston alumni on DCP as there might be Cadets alumni. So if the corps ever switched uniforms as you suggested, there might not be an on line uproar. Maybe behind the scenes though. Personally, if they stayed red/black, I'd like more fire engine red.

Recent DM's have hoped the jackets were all white. No more black back. Not sure if there are as many Boston alumni on DCP as there might be Cadets alumni. So if the corps ever switched uniforms as you suggested, there might not be an on line uproar. Maybe behind the scenes though. Personally, if they stayed red/black, I'd like more fire engine red.

I think they had to change the color palette a bit because the brighter red was a FJM design versus Band Shoppe...Battalion were the winners of those uni's...

The real reason for my suggestion of the drum major uni for the corps proper is the black-and-white color scheme specifically introduces drama and flair in the color palette IMO...gives the color guard a tremendous amount of options as well....guess I'd just like to see more POP...

Just a few more of my opinions on the complements to the black and white color palette...if they would ever decide to use the white and black uni...and my reasons for the color choice...

Turquoise - It can come across as soft and welcoming or modern and slick.
Red - Full of energy and drama, red and black has a lot of personality and bold presence.
Silver - Futuristic and contemporary appeal.
Lime - Lime green and black create a very bold and surprisingly fun style.
Royal Blue - Full of style but with also a very sophisticated flair.
Fuchsia - A pink tone pumped up with a loud voice with a mellowed black can create a super sexy and slick feel.
Mango - Another vibrant and lively choice would be to add mango orange.
Edited by Liahona

Just a few more of my opinions on the complements to the black and white color palette...if they would ever decide to use the white and black uni...and my reasons for the color choice...

Turquoise - It can come across as soft and welcoming or modern and slick.

Red - Full of energy and drama, red and black has a lot of personality and bold presence.

Silver - Futuristic and contemporary appeal.

Lime - Lime green and black create a very bold and surprisingly fun style.

Royal Blue - Full of style but with also a very sophisticated flair.

Fuchsia - A pink tone pumped up with a loud voice with a mellowed black can create a super sexy and slick feel.

Mango - Another vibrant and lively choice would be to add mango orange.

Yes...I am all for the lime green and mango. Both together are super super sexy...

Given the Corps History Surrounding the White and the Red uniform, this might be a nod to the past and signify a new beginning?

What I'm concerned with is how Band shoppe will work with Visual Designers that have been heavily affiliated with FJM for many years..,

I don't know if there is a contract in place with the Band Shoppe but an FJM tie-up would be sweet with a new uniform. The uniform is so symbolic of everything and to stay in the same uniform with some much change in the organization would be an error IMO.

Plus who doesn't love a new uniform reveal in Early June...

My father gave me sage advice when I first started working, first for him then for other employers: remember who signs your paycheck. Instructors will remember BAC/Inspire Arts signs their paycheck, Band Shoppe will remember BAC/Inspire Arts is a client and likewise signs the checks, so my guess is the instructors and Band Shoppe will get along swimmingly.

By the way, swimmingly and sage are not words in my typical vocabulary, but now that words like surreptitious are used in thus thread, I figured I should be using words found in SAT prep books.

• Like 2

My father gave me sage advice when I first started working, first for him then for other employers: remember who signs your paycheck. Instructors will remember BAC/Inspire Arts signs their paycheck, Band Shoppe will remember BAC/Inspire Arts is a client and likewise signs the checks, so my guess is the instructors and Band Shoppe will get along swimmingly.

By the way, swimmingly and sage are not words in my typical vocabulary, but now that words like surreptitious are used in thus thread, I figured I should be using words found in SAT prep books.

All true BUT imo Bac needs to do whats necessary for what they believe success is. When I say they I mean staff, and the director. Staff are hired for a reason. If you are going to hold them back, whats the point. Ive seen when imo the wrong people are involved in decisions they shouldnt be.

With that said , I also believe the director must still be in charge of the inmates.

• Like 1

I have another show concept...which is probably worse than my last 6 or 7 suggestions...I'm bored...nothing else to do at the moment...I'd like to see an Queen tribute show...yes I know Crown did bohemian rap and we will rock you...so what...Lot's of other stuff to pick from...in no particular order...

Who Wants to Live Forever

Somebody to Love

Killer Queen

Tie Your Mother Down

Under Pressure

Fat Bottomed Girls

Stone Cold Crazy

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Another One Bites the Dust

We are the Champions

Don't Stop Me Now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgzGwKwLmgM