2017 Boston Crusaders

I get what you are saying and understand some of this crew have been together in part during their DC careers but once you are all together as a single unit coming from a variety of elite experiences, being charged with developing an elite group to be on par with the top tier, a new dynamic comes into play. The speculation or question is; they came from championship corps with very different styles that they helped create, sustain or tweak to their maximum potential, can they do the same here. Can this group work together and take Boston up to the top tier? And so other DCP'rs don't think I'm being a honk (a term I personally don't subscribe to) I am of the belief it will for certain take time. There is a plan, plans require patience.

And thanks for your affectionate call out of Fleetwood for "old timers". IAM took it on for a reason. We'll learn about that in time. Even you youngsters! lol

So basically you are saying you have no idea...no one is saying...including me...that Boston is going to contend for a title in 2017...the best bet is just be positive and hope for the best possible success rather than pointing out the possible negatives in the relationship...it really is just not something that can be predicted and i'll leave it at that...

I get what you are saying and understand some of this crew have been together in part during their DC careers but once you are all together as a single unit coming from a variety of elite experiences, being charged with developing an elite group to be on par with the top tier, a new dynamic comes into play. The speculation or question is; they came from championship corps with very different styles that they helped create, sustain or tweak to their maximum potential, can they do the same here. Can this group work together and take Boston up to the top tier? And so other DCP'rs don't think I'm being a honk (a term I personally don't subscribe to) I am of the belief it will for certain take time. There is a plan, plans require patience.

And thanks for your affectionate call out of Fleetwood for "old timers". IAM took it on for a reason. We'll learn about that in time. Even you youngsters! lol

I think, If you have a solid Visual Package with an Effective Story something that the KP, MT, LM crew have created with Crown year after year, you are more than halfway to the top half of the Finals pyramid. I hope that the other areas of the design team recognize that and defer to KP and their crew to take the reigns of designing the show (as IMO they are the best in the business at doing that.)

This I think is something that everyone recognizes and now it just comes to selecting great (for the first year, Achievable), music to support that story.

I am not concerned about BAC 2017 not having an Effective Show, I think that will be their strength next year.

I am not concerned with the Music program, Gino and Colin will mold and build their sections to match the effectiveness of the show.

I am a bit concerned however with visual execution,

This is one area that has not been revamped (YET) and it seems like they are carrying over with the team that was there this year. Yes they did the best they could with what they had last year, but this show design will hopefully be at a higher level next year and while I hope that this team can match the Execution to the Effectiveness of the show. There is no proven track-record of that being so, as with other areas of the staff, with Rings to back it up.

I think, If you have a solid Visual Package with an Effective Story something that the KP, MT, LM crew have created with Crown year after year, you are more than halfway to the top half of the Finals pyramid. I hope that the other areas of the design team recognize that and defer to KP and their crew to take the reigns of designing the show (as IMO they are the best in the business at doing that.)

This I think is something that everyone recognizes and now it just comes to selecting great (for the first year, Achievable), music to support that story.

I am not concerned about BAC 2017 not having an Effective Show, I think that will be their strength next year.

I am not concerned with the Music program, Gino and Colin will mold and build their sections to match the effectiveness of the show.

I am a bit concerned however with visual execution,

This is one area that has not been revamped (YET) and it seems like they are carrying over with the team that was there this year. Yes they did the best they could with what they had last year, but this show design will hopefully be at a higher level next year and while I hope that this team can match the Execution to the Effectiveness of the show. There is no proven track-record of that being so, as with other areas of the staff, with Rings to back it up.

I'm not sure and someone closer to the program last year can confirm; but I thought Boston brought in some former Cadet techs who did in fact help with the marching. Maybe they got there late and didn't have the strength of a winter camp program or spring training to really get their technique completely solid but I think there was a consensus that Boston was marching better than before. Maybe the program/design hid some of that improvement.

I'm not sure and someone closer to the program last year can confirm; but I thought Boston brought in some former Cadet techs who did in fact help with the marching. Maybe they got there late and didn't have the strength of a winter camp program or spring training to really get their technique completely solid but I think there was a consensus that Boston was marching better than before. Maybe the program/design hid some of that improvement.

Their Feet have consistently gotten better year after year after since Eddy got there. What I'm concerned with is the Elevated difficulty and the cleanliness of the forms and execution of harder drill moves..

This area of the staff is one of the parts that is carrying over and I really hope that they are up to the task.

Their Feet have consistently gotten better year after year after since Eddy got there. What I'm concerned with is the Elevated difficulty and the cleanliness of the forms and execution of harder drill moves..

This area of the staff is one of the parts that is carrying over and I really hope that they are up to the task.

I thought that Eddie brought in more techs to help with feet and that there was some payoff. And I'm not sure they can get some of their drill harder than what they have been doing over the past couple of years. They will have some MM's from 2016 and that will help. And possibly some new MM's with experience with the new staff that has been brought in. IMO what they can most benefit from, is having the techs work throughout the winter and set a standard of excellence before they start spring training when they are focusing on learning the show, and then having to play catch up all season working in changes and feet fixes.

I thought that Eddie brought in more techs to help with feet and that there was some payoff. And I'm not sure they can get some of their drill harder than what they have been doing over the past couple of years. They will have some MM's from 2016 and that will help. And possibly some new MM's with experience with the new staff that has been brought in. IMO what they can most benefit from, is having the techs work throughout the winter and set a standard of excellence before they start spring training when they are focusing on learning the show, and then having to play catch up all season working in changes and feet fixes.

Agreed.

I would also like to see them getting a good body movement regiment going, because if they are to step up their visual responsibilities they will surely have to design some of this to keep up with the trends.

Dear Colin, Gino, Keith, and Leon,

You have contributed much to drum corps thus far and I am glad to have had the chance to know you and travel with you over the years.

Your search for excellence has been trademark, and so often you made it a fun journey along the way. Being excellent educators, you always seemed to have the kids best interests at heart and they excelled with your motivation and professionalism. We in the audience also received much enjoyment from your efforts and sometimes from your antics. We expect that the same will continue with your new unit from Boston, or Tampa, or from whatever hometown the members individually hail.

While fitting in at a new place may be an adjustment, I'm sure you will do wonderfully. I know you will give your best to understand the new heritage, their traditions, songs, and customs. Just a word of advice if I may (no pun on Leon intended.) Sometimes staffs like to wear different jerseys to motivate the corps members, to share solidarity, to build a team effort. (Cadets wear 34, Troopers had their own jerseys, sometimes Crown was spotted wearing Canadian hockey sweaters.) Now I know you'll learn the Crusaders corps song just as you learned O Holy Name and Carolina on My Mind. Whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not wear those blue football jerseys you got at the Meadowlands from the days there when you marched or taught Cadets. The corps in Boston is a bit patriotic to another franchise if you get what I'm saying. Giants mean something a bit different up there. Good luck.

Meet you on the '50.

X

• Like 2

Agreed.

I would also like to see them getting a good body movement regiment going, because if they are to step up their visual responsibilities they will surely have to design some of this to keep up with the trends.

Well I'm not a dancer...but I do know that the horn-line this past season would do plié, sautés, and coupes fairly regularly in their morning block on tour...

Dear Colin, Gino, Keith, and Leon,

You have contributed much to drum corps thus far and I am glad to have had the chance to know you and travel with you over the years.

Your search for excellence has been trademark, and so often you made it a fun journey along the way. Being excellent educators, you always seemed to have the kids best interests at heart and they excelled with your motivation and professionalism. We in the audience also received much enjoyment from your efforts and sometimes from your antics. We expect that the same will continue with your new unit from Boston, or Tampa, or from whatever hometown the members individually hail.

While fitting in at a new place may be an adjustment, I'm sure you will do wonderfully. I know you will give your best to understand the new heritage, their traditions, songs, and customs. Just a word of advice if I may (no pun on Leon intended.) Sometimes staffs like to wear different jerseys to motivate the corps members, to share solidarity, to build a team effort. (Cadets wear 34, Troopers had their own jerseys, sometimes Crown was spotted wearing Canadian hockey sweaters.) Now I know you'll learn the Crusaders corps song just as you learned O Holy Name and Carolina on My Mind. Whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not wear those blue football jerseys you got at the Meadowlands from the days there when you marched or taught Cadets. The corps in Boston is a bit patriotic to another franchise if you get what I'm saying. Giants mean something a bit different up there. Good luck.

Meet you on the '50.

X

lol...about the blue jerseys..well I associate myself with the sports teams in NY...yankees...knicks...rangers...giants...and NOT the sox...celtics..bruins...does that stir up the pot in sader-land against me...I don't think so....funny post if you ask me...

Edited by Liahona

lol...about the blue jerseys..well I associate myself with the sports teams in NY...yankees...knicks...rangers...giants...and NOT the sox...celtics..bruins...does that stir up the pot in sader-land against me...I don't think so....funny post if you ask me...

Bostonians and I'll include the corps can be tolerant. A Giants jersey would be acceptable because, well ...Giants? Get it?. You might have a bit of a different taken with Jets and Yankees though. Nothing serious though. Knicks are a non factor. Hockey not a problem as much either. Colin can take the lead on all that stuff.