2017 Boston Crusaders

roflol. a little ahead yourself aren't you? you squeaked into finals and haven't performed a show yet. that hardly qualifies you as a competitive threat. or are you predicting a BAC gold medal this year? besides nobody boycotts a show because the host is a "competitive threat". otherwise no one would attend BD, Cadets, Crown, Coats shows. :doh:

perhaps our egos are running amok.

I will admit that there is a great deal of excitement in the Boston Crusaders family, especially among alums, and maybe some may have rather high expectations, but this is to be expected. Regarding "squeaking into finals," first of all, very few posters on DCP thought it would happen. Madison had its late season challenges, but their semi's performance was pretty emotional. Granted I was surrounded by Madison alums and parents, so perhaps the people sitting near me were more enthusiastic, but it was a great performance. Troopers were emotionally charged as well, and more than a few Madison and BAC fans thought both would be knocked out by Troopers. BAC looked frightened at prelims (though the performance did not have jitters) but at semi's had a look that said "if this is our last performance, we'll give it all we have" and it worked, and it was not the last performance. Many of these same young people will be returning with an additional year of maturity and knowing what it takes to make finals, and they'll be joined by talented young people who want to work with the new staff. Expecting them to medal may be a reach, though not impossible, but believing they will be more competitive is not an out of check ego.

Expecting them to medal may be a reach, though not impossible, but believing they will be more competitive is not an out of check ego.

Competitive threat to Crown would imply a medal (which you're not willing to rule out). The Bard was right: the truth will out.

There's two posters publicly implying (if not stating it right out). Sorry Craiga -- it ain't me makin' this up.

FWIW I have no problem with BAC honking. I think it's awesome.

Edited by corpsband

Interesting... a "competitive threat" to Crown or Cadets "implies a medal"?? Really?

Box 5 Hubris.

PR 2009, anyone? Past performance is no guarantee of success.

• Like 1

Interesting... a "competitive threat" to Crown or Cadets "implies a medal"?? Really?

Box 5 Hubris.

lol avoid the part where you put words in my mouth (even though two posters imply a medal is possible and a third is predicting top 5).

wait -- i'll bet the Russians have something to do with this too right? is Putin on the BOD at both Cadets and Crown?

Box 5 Hubris.

Agreed. Ask Cadets 2012, Crown 2014. Also Madison when they hired their dream team only to peak at 8th and then loose steam or SCV's assembling of a dream team staff 6 years ago and still haven't medaled. Lots of factors BUT I'm

Happy for BAC alumni. The future looks bright and their chances of improving over where they've been are very high. Medaling maybe in a few seasons if the new design concept is fresh and intriguing (aka Bloo 14-16)..

Edited by Tobias

Agreed. Ask Cadets 2012, Crown 2014. Also Madison when they hired their dream team only to peak at 8th and then loose steam or SCV's assembling of a dream team staff 6 years ago and still haven't medaled. Lots of factors BUT I'm

Happy for BAC alumni. The future looks bright and their chances of improving over where they've been are very high. Medaling maybe in a few seasons if the new design concept is fresh and intriguing (aka Bloo 14-16)..

they've been in medal contention since the '08 season. i don't see any reason to suspect they won't be again. not a guarantee but a reasonable expectation.

boy the pending schadenfreude in here is palpable. so many wanting to see Crown just disintegrate. really dont think it's gonna happen.

Edited by corpsband

lol avoid the part where you put words in my mouth (even though two posters imply a medal is possible and a third is predicting top 5).

...and everyone on here is entitled to their OWN opinion are they not???....so you find a couple posters that are pro-boston...BIG DEAL...that is NOT saying much...I can find several dozen posters over the years who have predicted doom and gloom for boston and that has not happened either...are their opinions any less significant?...I say they are just as valid even though I strongly disagree with them...

...and everyone on here is entitled to their OWN opinion are they not???....so you find a couple posters that are pro-boston...BIG DEAL...that is NOT saying much...I can find several dozen posters over the years who have predicted doom and gloom for boston and that has not happened either...are their opinions any less significant?...I say they are just as valid even though I strongly disagree with them...

you're missing the point. another poster said *I* was predicting it. complete falsehood. THAT'S the point.

he is telling lies.

i don't like people who lie. i'm with father tim on that. nether regions, fire, Crown 2015 and all that.

Edited by corpsband