2017 Boston Crusaders

Agreed. Ask Cadets 2012, Crown 2014. Also Madison when they hired their dream team only to peak at 8th and then loose steam or SCV's assembling of a dream team staff 6 years ago and still haven't medaled. Lots of factors BUT I'm

Happy for BAC alumni. The future looks bright and their chances of improving over where they've been are very high. Medaling maybe in a few seasons if the new design concept is fresh and intriguing (aka Bloo 14-16)..

Had to jump in here...the new visual design team at Boston designed that 2014 Crown show from start to finish. Just saying...

Orwell twice in 4 years....bleh

Complete brain fart on my part - was simply thinking of the thematic material. I was thinking Huxley's Brave New World at first, but don't think there are as many iconic images that could be effectively conveyed in a 12 minute field program.

Whatever Boston does - looking forward to it!

Edited by Eleran

roflol. a little ahead yourself aren't you? you squeaked into finals and haven't performed a show yet. that hardly qualifies you as a competitive threat. or are you predicting a BAC gold medal this year? besides nobody boycotts a show because the host is a "competitive threat". otherwise no one would attend BD, Cadets, Crown, Coats shows. :doh:

perhaps our egos are running amok.

Maybe you misunderstood my comments, please re-read. Is said the POSSIBILITY of a competitive threat. I made no prediction as you infer. I made no mention of last year. I'm not getting ahead of myself. I've made no prediction on next year at all. I was commenting on the validity of the posters who responded to the questions others had about the veracity of the "rumor" as well as speculating on a reason why a corps would, after a number of years, decide to not be a participant in a show in an area where they get a lot if support and audiences look forward to them being there.

And if they were a possible competitive threat, it would be in the same context as other corps in the top 12. When Boston (and not just Boston) is not regarded as competitive with the top tier, I can't help but get the sense that they are not considered a peer corps in any way by the top tier corps. Maybe at some point we might learn more background and facts surrounding this "rumor". But for now, I'll lean with the comments from Super and Liahona.

Something that is driving me crazy. What does the "A" stand for when do abbreviates Boston crusaders as "BAC?" I know we can't use "BC" so that we can delineate from bluecoats...but this is driving me MAD!

Area?

Something that is driving me crazy. What does the "A" stand for when do abbreviates Boston crusaders as "BAC?" I know we can't use "BC" so that we can delineate from bluecoats...but this is driving me MAD!

Something that is driving me crazy. What does the "A" stand for when do abbreviates Boston crusaders as "BAC?" I know we can't use "BC" so that we can delineate from bluecoats...but this is driving me MAD.

Initially, Bad Asss Crusaders. Ed Denon told parents Area, and as recently as 2015, Mike Woodall used Building A Champion in his 75th Gala speech.

they've been in medal contention since the '08 season. i don't see any reason to suspect they won't be again. not a guarantee but a reasonable expectation.

boy the pending schadenfreude in here is palpable. so many wanting to see Crown just disintegrate. really dont think it's gonna happen.

Crown will have a strong brass line of experienced kids which helps marching, brass, absorbing changes and maturity to allow designers to encorporate high levels of demand. Percussion should be fine (Travis is still there) and I'm sure guard talent will return making it easier for design team.

As far as Cadets, percussion should be very solid and guard should certainly improve now that the program is in year 2 of the new staff with some nice additions to the team. I'm uneasy with the brass as I don't know MT's ability or even DS's arranging for Cadets but they're both Cadets alumni so they know what a Cadet brass line should sound like (arranging and quality of sound).

June will be interesting....

I'm very excited to see Boston because I'm sure there is a new stylistic approach being created and I'm sure EVERY caption will be stronger..

Edited by Tobias

Crown will have a strong brass line of experienced kids which helps marching, brass, absorbing changes and maturity to allow designers to encorporate high levels of demand. Percussion should be fine (Travis is still there) and I'm sure guard talent will return making it easier for design team.

As far as Cadets, percussion should be very solid and guard should certainly improve now that the program is in year 2 of the new staff with some nice additions to the team. I'm uneasy with the brass as I don't know MT's ability or even DS's arranging for Cadets but they're both Cadets alumni so they know what a Cadet brass line should sound like (arranging and quality of sound).

June will be interesting....

I'm very excited to see Boston because I'm sure there is a new stylistic approach being created and I'm sure EVERY caption will be stronger..

One has only to look/hear Cadets' French horn features the last two seasons to know Mike's ability. Refer to his website and band composing to discern his complexity and nuances. No problems at all if you are not pre-judging him as the little kid from Southwind so many years ago. Let him grow.

Drew who has taught several WC corps, arranged for Cavaliers, has judged BOA Grand Nationals and many Hopkins-bands shows has professional credentials of very good merit.

By the way, what are your musical credentials and why are you not posting your fears on the Cadets' thread rather than giving Corpsband and Crownies more grist for gossip? Ring chasing?

One has only to look/hear Cadets' French horn features the last two seasons to know Mike's ability. Refer to his website and band composing to discern his complexity and nuances. No problems at all if you are not pre-judging him as the little kid from Southwind so many years ago. Let him grow.

Drew who has taught several WC corps, arranged for Cavaliers, has judged BOA Grand Nationals and many Hopkins-bands shows has professional credentials of very good merit.

By the way, what are your musical credentials and why are you not posting your fears on the Cadets' thread rather than giving Corpsband and Crownies more grist for gossip? Ring chasing?

I was responding to Corpsband. Didn't realize it was a Boston thread. Thought I was in Crown thread. My point was I have not seen a MT brass line yet so it's a big unknown but yes, of his Cadets Mello lines are an indication of things to come, that's a good thing