2017 Boston Crusaders

36 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Agreed...talk about derailment....yet not much worse than the non-sense I've read in the cadets thread as well...

Good lord, lighten up.  So you can't chat about anything other than 2017 BAC?.  Really now.  There's little relevant chat on this thread outside of people bit@@ing or moaning about something or someone.  So many people being the expert or an insider with all the  info and gossip. Sorry to "derail" all the important blah blah.  But sooner or later it does get back on the rails as soon as there is something worthwhile about this years program.  In the meantime, deal with a little idle chatter with your DCP friends.  Or join in maybe as well.  IMO.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Good lord, lighten up.  So you can't chat about anything other than 2017 BAC?.  Really now.  There's little relevant chat on this thread outside of people bit@@ing or moaning about something or someone.  So many people being the expert or an insider with all the  info and gossip. Sorry to "derail" all the important blah blah.  But sooner or later it does get back on the rails as soon as there is something worthwhile about this years program.  In the meantime, deal with a little idle chatter with your DCP friends.  Or join in maybe as well.  IMO.

First off...I am VERY relaxed...but thanks for thinking of me...

I was responding to another posters comments btw...I personally don't care if conversations derail themselves from time to time...BUT...many of the posters in this thrread have criticized me when I've had other "related" adjunct conversations related to drumcorps and then TOLD this is the Boston thread...these latest posts don't even have anything to do with drumcorps...which is fine by me.....Want an example?   "How 'bout this topic gets a thread of its own? For the last 6+ pages, you would not know this thread was about 2017 Boston Crusaders, except for a few random posts. "...IMO you can't have it both ways...So I think my derailment comment is relevant in this limited regard...

Edited by Liahona

9 minutes ago, Liahona said:

First off...I am VERY relaxed...but thanks for thinking of me...

I was responding to another posters comments btw...I personally don't care if conversations derail themselves from time to time...BUT...many of the posters in this thrread have criticized me when I've had other "related" adjunct conversations related to drumcorps and then TOLD this is the Boston thread...these latest posts don't even have anything to do with drumcorps...which is fine by me.....Want an example?   "How 'bout this topic gets a thread of its own? For the last 6+ pages, you would not know this thread was about 2017 Boston Crusaders, except for a few random posts. "...IMO you can't have it both ways...So I think my derailment comment is relevant in this limited regard...

I believe it was me that typed that comment. I thought we both had moved on from it, apparently not.

Safe travels to everyone attending Boston's camp this weekend!

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

I believe it was me that typed that comment. I thought we both had moved on from it, apparently not.

I have moved on....It was just an EXAMPLE...no need to take offense about it...I was asked nicely (by you btw) to not derail the thread...so I complied...now I'm asked to loosen up....I can't win no matter what I do it seems...

I did not pick your comment to offend you..so this is not personal...

Edited by Liahona

11 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I have moved on....It was just an EXAMPLE...no need to take offense about it....

If you got anything on the 2017 Boston Crusaders you'd like to discuss, just jump right in and tell us what it is. Otherwise, if this thread discusses something not quite your cup of java, just scroll right on by those comments that might not be directly related to the 2017 Boston Crusaders, and apparently is so annoying to you. But keep in mind, if we can only discuss what is 2017 Boston Crusaders on this thread, there really is not much to publically talk about at the moment here on this thread. Do you have anything you can publically add on the 2017 Boston Crusaders, Liahona ? If not, does this mean we should leave this thread alone until the Corps announces something trivial every once a month or so from Nov to March ?

Edited by BRASSO

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

If you got anything on the Boston Crusaders you'd like to discuss, either from the upcoming season, or anything from the 1940's on with them, just jump right in and tell us what it is. Otherwise, if this thread discusses something not quite your cup of java, just scroll right on by those comments that might not be directly related to the Boston Crusaders, and what apparently is annoying to you.

I DO scroll by those comments...for the last time...I am NOT annoyed by any of the other conversations...the conversation is not bothering me one bit...I just don't think that it is fair for posters on one hand to tell me to direct my comments about Boston and then on the other hand tell ME to lighten up about other conversations...basically I'm being criticized for two opposing reactions...that is just crazy...hence my response that you can't have it both ways...I don't need to say any more about this...

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I DO scroll by those comments...for the last time...I am NOT annoyed by any of the other conversations...the conversation is not bothering me one bit...

You would've fooled me.

Boston Crusaders have a new partner/sponsor for the 2017 season. 

http://bostoncrusaders.org/2017/02/boston-crusaders-gain-a-new-partnership-for-2017/

Boston Crusaders is excited to bring the unique sounds of electronic percussion company Zendrum onto the field this summer.

“I am really excited to use the Zendrum Mallet Pro GT with the Boston Crusaders front ensemble this summer. I think the Zendrum’s intuitive interface and rugged design will not only hold up to the musical and sonic demands of the Boston Crusaders, but will also withstand the rigors of the summer touring schedule” — Dr. Iain Moyer, Front Ensemble Arranger of the Boston Crusaders; Director of Bands and Percussion, Widener University; Endorser/Artist with Vic Firth (Iain Moyer Signature mallets), Zildjian, Remo and Yamaha.

“Zendrum Corporation is proud to announce the sponsorship of Boston Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corps for the 2017 season. We are thrilled that the Zendrum Mallet Pro will be included in this year’s program and we look forward to many future collaborations. The commitment to cementing our 25 year reputation as a leader in musical innovation has found a perfect partner in the Crusaders!” — David Haney, Zendrum.

www.zendrum.com

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Boston Crusaders have a new partner/sponsor for the 2017 season. 

http://bostoncrusaders.org/2017/02/boston-crusaders-gain-a-new-partnership-for-2017/

Boston Crusaders is excited to bring the unique sounds of electronic percussion company Zendrum onto the field this summer.

“I am really excited to use the Zendrum Mallet Pro GT with the Boston Crusaders front ensemble this summer. I think the Zendrum’s intuitive interface and rugged design will not only hold up to the musical and sonic demands of the Boston Crusaders, but will also withstand the rigors of the summer touring schedule” — Dr. Iain Moyer, Front Ensemble Arranger of the Boston Crusaders; Director of Bands and Percussion, Widener University; Endorser/Artist with Vic Firth (Iain Moyer Signature mallets), Zildjian, Remo and Yamaha.

“Zendrum Corporation is proud to announce the sponsorship of Boston Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corps for the 2017 season. We are thrilled that the Zendrum Mallet Pro will be included in this year’s program and we look forward to many future collaborations. The commitment to cementing our 25 year reputation as a leader in musical innovation has found a perfect partner in the Crusaders!” — David Haney, Zendrum.

www.zendrum.com

What we really need is a hot take from Anna.

Picture of the  Zendrum Mallet  Pro GT  http://www.zendrum.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=107

Edited by BRASSO