2017 Boston Crusaders

Lakewood Ranch H.S. , Florida ( near balmy Sarasota ). I talked with Darren yesterday and today. He's a ball of energy. Nice guy.

I volunteered there 2 out of the 3 day camp. ' Saw the sectionals, and the ensembles.

Now, if you were not there and want my assessment of Boston's show music and section talent levels at the moment,....  fahgettaboutit. I will tell nothing... ( except if you are on my  receipt list of annual Christmas Cards/ New Years Cards to my household. )

Edited by BRASSO

The silence is the pencil pushing being done in the back office by BAC for what to  charge for the Manchester by the Sea Fourth of July Parade if the movie and actors win? 

is it worth flying the corps in from the Midwest this summer for the split gig where Crusaders divide the ensemble into 2 parade units so as to do two simultaneous parades and receiving two cheques?

5 minutes ago, xandandl said:

is it worth flying the corps in from the Midwest this summer for the split gig where Crusaders divide the ensemble into 2 parade units so as to do two simultaneous parades and receiving two cheques?

Parade monies received from local parade organizers don't pay enough to buy George Hopkins a drone, let alone enough to finance an airplane for Corps travel.

• Like 2

City of Boston just donated a 15 passenger van to BAC/IA. posted on FB.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, emc2 said:

...and its not a Wonder Bread Truck ! ( inside joke, long time BAC'ers know what I'm referring too here )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, emc2 said:

That's great news.

Someone will now insert the joke about checking the tire pressure. :-D  

just kidding for Mardi Gras.

The ensemble has learned over 8 minutes of the 2017 production.

Our dedicated uniform crew was on hand to fit the performers for the newly designed custom uniforms created by the Band Shoppe and Keith Potter. The 2017 corps will have a new look from head to toe.

The front ensemble assembled the brand new 2017 Yamaha pit equipment. The Crusaders will once again perform on all new Yamaha equipment. 

Read the entire article here: http://bostoncrusaders.org/2017/03/midwinter-update-2017/