2017 Boston Crusaders

Now, that Boston's Mgt has gone public with info... I can confirm after listening to the Jan/ Feb camps that the music in key segments will be fast tempo'd BPM, intense, fierce, aggressive, and pleasingly and adequately at the fortissimo levels where it needs to be, and soft and controlled in other passages where it needs to be.  My early take on the ballad where where a few passages were played this weekend is that it has the potential to be lush and gorgeous.  The music for 2017  ( sorry, no naming at the moment )will be new, fresh, very high demand levels required of its marchers to perform and execute, and yet the best part...its a quintessential Boston music show, imo.  The music staff seemingly " gets it" in this Boston Crusaders regard, imo . My guess, hearing the fast tempo music in key segments of the show, the drill in segments will be fast tempo'd as well.  New Yamaha's for Brass line... yowza.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, BRASSO said:

...and its not a Wonder Bread Truck ! ( inside joke, long time BAC'ers know what I'm referring too here )

The last time I saw the old truck it was at the end of the Norwood airport runway.  Drove it many times to shows filling it with water on the way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

My guess, hearing the fast tempo music in key segments of the show, the drill in segments will be fast tempo'd as well.  

Then my private comments to you take on even more importance.

Edited by Ghost

I really liked these recent '14-'16 uniforms. Looked intimidating and had a good mix of modern/classic imo. I'm hoping they keep some stuff from it in their new design, but really as long as I enjoy the show I won't care.

2 hours ago, emc2 said:

The last time I saw the old truck it was at the end of the Norwood airport runway. 

Why the Norwood airport runway ? My guess, the old Wonder Bread Truck of BAC's ( decades ago ) finally & totally broke down, and it was given a respectful internment there. ( haha!)

Edited by BRASSO

2 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Why the Norwood airport runway ? My guess, the old Wonder Bread Truck of BAC's ( decades ago ) finally & totally broke down, and it was given a respectful internment there. ( haha!)

Should have been sent to Otis AFB to put out in the impact area so Mass NG artillery and Army motor units could use it as another target.

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Should have been sent to Otis AFB to put out in the impact area so Mass NG artillery and Army motor units could use it as another target.

Maybe thats how the Wonder Bread got those holes in them. not a fan of Wonder Bread. Forget their trucks, I'd could be on board with anyone that wants to shoot holes in their breads as target practice, Ghost.

Edited by BRASSO

We need to stop this truck talk,.. and quick.. or soon Liahona (  another BAC alum ) will want to flatten us all here with a bulldozer. ( .. haha)

Edited by BRASSO

This question was asked to the Director of Operations Stephen Klepner at 7th Regiment on reddit.

I am absolutely thrilled that the Boston/7th Regiment partnership is working out apparently quite well for the both of them...

How has the partnership with BAC been for the corps?

Great question! For those of you who don't know 7th Regiment has partnered with Boston Crusader's parent organization, Inspire Arts

We love it! The director, Kevin Lowery was really monumental in initiating this partnership. It gives us so many more resources such as purchasing power for food, grants and equipment. It allows us to work with Boston's talent and instructors and in turn we will be working with Inspire to grow their Great East Music Festival and encouraging our members, when they are ready, to perform with Boston.

There is a lot that is in the works and a lot of effects from this partnership will begin to be seen more and more over the next year or so.

Hope that answers your question!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I am absolutely thrilled that the Boston/7th Regiment partnership is working out apparently quite well for the both of them...

Its FANTASTIC to watch former regional competitors working together in a collaborative & congenial manner now for the mutual benefit of both !.. thanks for the info, Liahona.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1