2017 Boston Crusaders

I was just looking at the 2017 schedule and thought the August show was in Quincy but saw it is now in Lawrence. There has been no show in Lawrence since 2014. Did I read the schedule wrong or has the venue changed? 

If it has changed, it is certainly more convenient for me (I live about ten minutes away), but I'm glad for other reasons too. Quincy has all sorts of great things all summer, but having a show in Lawrence is a nice boost for a city that needs all the help it can get. Inspire Arts folks, I'm glad the show is back in Lawrence.

On another note for Boston area folks. I am writing this as I am watching "Greater Boston" (local PBS, WGBH) and they are discussing new sponsors for the Boston Pops July 4th Esplanade show and just showed a clip of the 2015 concert and featured BAC playing with the Pops. 

Boston's show in August will be in Lawrence Ma., and I agree this large High School stadium ( one of the largest H.S. stadiums in the state ) offers better field conditions for marchers and better sight lines for fans, than does the Quincy Ma. venue, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

24 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Boston's show in August will be in Lawrence Ma., and I agree this large High School stadium ( one of the largest H.S. stadiums in the state ) offers better field conditions for marchers and better sight lines for fans, than does the Quincy Ma. venue, imo.

I agree with the quality of the stadium, but I'm really happy it's in the inner city, which is why I like the Lynn shows too, although the vicinity of Manning Field has improved leaps and bounds since the old Manning Bowl days. I lived near the Manning Blwl from 1996-2002. I think they began the work after I moved, so I guess my leaving Lynn improved the neighborhood!

15 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I agree with the quality of the stadium, but I'm really happy it's in the inner city, which is why I like the Lynn shows too, although the vicinity of Manning Field has improved leaps and bounds since the old Manning Bowl days. I lived near the Manning Blwl from 1996-2002. I think they began the work after I moved, so I guess my leaving Lynn improved the neighborhood!

Yes, the newly rebuilt Manning Bowl in Lynn is a thousand times better than the older Manning Bowl that was an eyesore mess even back in the early 60's, let alone into the late 90's..  I do agree with you that these once thriving US Manufacturing cities( like Lawrence, Lynn ) are like many once vibrant US Manufacturing Cities.. their jobs were shipped overseas, and they have struggled mightily to keep themselves financially solvent as a result. So any monies these type of struggling cities receive from stadium rentals, may not be much, but every bit helps.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

I also applaud the return to Lawrence.  Although the Quincy Stadium is better now than it ever was, trying to get into that area on a weeknight through commuter traffic was always problematic.  The Lawrence stadium is literally right off the exit...(PLUS, for New Englanders like me who make this show the jumping off point for the Allentown weekend, this is INCREDIBLY  convenient)!  

Eat 'em up, Boston!

I've always really enjoyed 7th Regiment, seems this is going to be really healthy for them.  

Also, since similar sentiments are being shared about Jeff Sacktig somewhere new, I'm excited to see Leon May in a new setting.  I really enjoyed his early to mid stuff at Carolina Crown and he is one of THE writers in the HS world.  I'm very interested in how he does.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

This question was asked to the Director of Operations Stephen Klepner at 7th Regiment on reddit.

I am absolutely thrilled that the Boston/7th Regiment partnership is working out apparently quite well for the both of them...

not mentioned is that Steve himself is a BAC alum (bari, I think) whose drum corps fondness was honed at the University of New Haven. Band director there, Jason DeGroff, a Cadet alum, was previously BAC's drill writer seasons back and returned last season as a ST instructor to help out another of his students, Eddie Falco, all great guys. 7th Regiment will benefit from having Steve on board. 

• Like 2

I'm planning on passing by the March camp since it's the only exposure I will have this season other than the computer and was wondering if the corps was fine with alum attending. Also, is anyone on the thread going to be there?

Ben

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NavyCrusader said:

I'm planning on passing by the March camp since it's the only exposure I will have this season other than the computer and was wondering if the corps was fine with alum attending. Also, is anyone on the thread going to be there?

Ben

Ben.... I'll PM you.

Edited by BRASSO