2017 Boston Crusaders

2 hours ago, corpsband said:

Nah everyone will be too busy watching the two boy witches fight over the girl witch! Which witch will win? 

(  The Egg Man here " wins " for thinking he knows the theme and its storyline, but he doesn't have a freakin' clue.... lol! )

Edited by BRASSO

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

Like Cadets, BAC alumni/fans will be routing for a corps that may only be familiar in name. 

As far as BAC alums are concerned, as long as the marching members are dedicated, appreciate tradition, and have drive and grit, they'll see a younger version of themselves, cheer, and make sure they have steak and lobster at the home show. As a fan since 1975 (12 years old), I think I'm pretty typical. Every year a corps was fielded in the lean years made me happy, I've been thrilled each year they've made finals, I rejoiced when they made finals last summer. Alums and fans will be rooting for Boston Crusaders, not just by what they are wearing, but for the heart of those on the field.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Tim K said:

As far as BAC alums are concerned, as long as the marching members are dedicated, appreciate tradition, and have drive and grit, they'll see a younger version of themselves, cheer, and make sure they have steak and lobster at the home show. As a fan since 1975 (12 years old), I think I'm pretty typical. Every year a corps was fielded in the lean years made me happy, I've been thrilled each year they've made finals, I rejoiced when they made finals last summer. Alums and fans will be rooting for Boston Crusaders, not just by what they are wearing, but for the heart of those on the field.

Perhaps for fans but alumni have a different point of view I think.

21 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Perhaps for fans but alumni have a different point of view I think.

Nope. That's not my sense with most of the BAC alums anyway. Some give generously to the corps of both their time and money, have so for years, and support the Corps no matter what choices the Corps might implement, even choices that might not square with their own personal preferences for their former Corps. Don't make the mistake of lumping all Corps alumni bases into one. All Corps Alumni are not monolithic. Just as all Corps are unique, so too are each Corps alumni bases. They are not all the same, with the same histories, aspirations, levels of support for what the BOD/ Corps Directors are doing, or attempting to do, etc and so forth.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, BRASSO said:

Nope. That's not my sense with most of the BAC alums at all. Some give generously to the corps of both their time and money, have so for years, and support the Corps no matter what choices they might implement, even choices that might not square with their own personal preferences for the Corps.

Well that's my feeling also but I've witnessed the huge backlash at Cadets over uni changes and it's real. 

I'm not sure that Cadets alums have ever looked upon Hop as one of their own.  This is not the case with Chris Holland.  He joined the corps are a young kid, marched MANY years, finally as DM.  His life journey (so far) has taken him from the streets of Dorchester, MA right through law school.  We now find him as the CEO of the organization. The alumni know him and trust him.  He has our absolute support, because we know that when he says he is "Building a Champion", he is deadly serious.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Well that's my feeling also but I've witnessed the huge backlash at Cadets over uni changes and it's real. 

My hunch is that the Cadets Alumni backlash over the uniform changes are part and parcel of perhaps other disenchantments taking place within some segments the Cadets Alumni base with their current iterations of the Cadets . I believe that if the Cadets won DCI last season in their all blacks, the outcry on the uniform changes would have been far less critical among the Cadets Alumni base. GH made it too easy for some critics to equate their placement plummets the last 2 seasons to the abandonment of their 80+ year Corps colors. Whether the Cadets placement plummet is tied in any manner to the uniform choice is certainly just speculative at best. But it gave some Cadets Alums ammunition to claim that it was. Finally, don't caste all Cadets Alums into the same mold either. Some Cadets Alums did support the uniform change. How many is not clear, but it should be said as well.

Edited by BRASSO

Boston's March camp is this weekend, incidentally.