2017 Boston Crusaders

59 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I know, some say Art Satire didn't make the cuts so he didn't march here. 

Rumors was he was too much of a Jolly Jester and had a problem with a certain Captain Morgan.

This is what we do on a Boston Crusaders thread when there is nothing to discuss but flowers, monkeys, and the like.

I ( we ) need some psalms for moments like these.

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

Then Denon decided to give you a stint as the DM to try and see if it'd shut you up...( lol) How'd that work out for ya, Ghost ?

Other than the 4/5 month demotion back to the HL starting in Jan. 66, 65&66 were "very good years".  (Are you telling us you never heard about the mm nicknamed Road Monkey?)

54 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Other than the 4/5 month demotion back to the HL starting in Jan. 66, 65&66 were "very good years".  (Are you telling us you never heard about the mm nicknamed Road Monkey?)

I know all about the Road Monkey. How could we forget ?... legendary... lol! Did you know " Joe Bananas " ?  He's still around, and he was at the downtown Boston Crusaders exhibition last June in Boston. We chatted .  " Joe Bananas " ( his real last name I'm not entirely sure anymore.... "Benicasa" ? ) is also a legendary character with BAC from the 60's, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I know all about the Road Monkey. How could we forget ?... legendary... lol! Did you know " Joe Bananas " ?  He's still around, and he was at the downtown Boston Crusaders exhibition last June in Boston. We chatted .  " Joe Bananas " ( his real last name I'm not entirely sure anymore.... "Benicasa" ? ) is also a legendary character with BAC from the 60's, imo.

a bag in a bag in a bag in a bag in a bag :colgate:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I ( we ) need some psalms for moments like these.

Try  #130

Madison Scouts and Cadets already have used #100,

Scouts used Sandi Patty's version in '89. Cadets won with Tichelli's version in 2011,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Od0Rv9gGw        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSmxvwgWvac

Edited by xandandl

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I imagine most neighborhood corps from 50-60 years ago had their nicknames, but Boston seemed to have a bunch of them.

Jim Stokinger. He was BAC's DM, mid 60's... everybody called him " Skokie ".. (He was a terrific DM, tough dude, commanded respect from everyone.. may he RIP.)

Edited by BRASSO

13 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Try  #130

Pardon me.. Did you say something ?

Edited by BRASSO