2017 Boston Crusaders

Soooo......it is exactly 6 weeks until Spring Training starts for BAC in Vermont (and a bit earlier for the drum line).  I am going out on a limb and predicting they will finish somewhere between 1st and 12th.  Thoughts?

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, craiga said:

I am going out on a limb and predicting they will finish somewhere between 1st and 12th.  Thoughts?

Well, this is a bit more optimistic than some DCP'ers ( that have predicted that Boston will fall out of the Top 12 this season).

I think its way too early to make predictions on Corps, when so little is known about what the Corps are doing.

14 minutes ago, craiga said:

Soooo......it is exactly 6 weeks until Spring Training starts for BAC in Vermont (and a bit earlier for the drum line).  I am going out on a limb and predicting they will finish somewhere between 1st and 12th.  Thoughts?

I usually predict badly and I promised myself I'll hold off until Spring Training or their Boston appearance on June 14, but I am hoping for single digits, closer to 6 than to 12. Issues from last year are known and we are certain those wouldn't be repeated.  Just call it missed opportunity if you will.  So if things were equal to last year, but with corrections made, there would be upward movement.  With the new staff (and their experience), a new smarter higher demand/expectation approach for MM's,  programming and program execution; I see the upward movement being more than the typical 2 positions a corps improves when they move up, as Brasso often points out. So after the Spring Fling, I'll make a call.  I have a tentative list now,  but it has been so amazingly quiet this offseason from all corps it is hard to get a read other than everyone typically is soooo much better than last year.  I'm very excited about 2017 for all corps. 

Just now, LabMaster said:

So after the Spring Fling, I'll make a call.  

Still too early I'd say since hearing the HL/DL in a crowded hall, lousy acoustics, no drill, no judges, cannot give a clear impression of potential on field success.

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Still too early I'd say since hearing the HL/DL in a crowded hall, lousy acoustics, no drill, no judges, cannot give a clear impression of potential on field success.

Last season's BAC " Spring Fling " exh. performance was actually outdoors, full show exhibition on the field. But.. I do get your central point, nonetheless, Ghost.

Boston's fans and alums should feel a sense of optimism for the season, imo. Morale is high,  excellent instruction is taking place at camps, marchers are very receptive to such quality of instruction, progress on the show is developing at a good and steady pace. The music I've heard at camps has a good chance, imo, to be become audience friendly, while simultaneously sufficiently intricate & demanding. The music will be intense, emotional, & passionate for marchers, judges and fans alike, imo. There is very good chemistry being developed among all elements of the Corps at the moment. You can readily see this. I know all this is not saying much with specifics ( my choice ), but keep the faith. This staff ( and Mgt. ) appears to have a solid game plan... not just for this season, but for the long haul. The building blocks to Building A Champion ( BAC ) are meticulously and expertly being put in place at all levels of the Corps for this season and beyond now, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

I hear Boston has a recent new TRUMPET opening and are looking for a 3rd trumpet...

Contact Gino at: ginocipriani@gmail.com

Joint encore this year with the Madison Scouts in Lawrence...I'm excited!  Love the scouts! :)

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 1