2017 Boston Crusaders

22 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its pretty close to an accurate assessment, imo.  " hyping"  the 2017 edition of Boston here on this Boston Crusaders thread is not exactly a " dirty word, or dirty exercise " though. But its true that there is far more restraint here regarding 2017 expectations for the Boston Crusaders than say.... oh. I don't know... the Carolina Crown thread. There, " hype " is utilized quite frequently ( for one example ) by you to state that Carolina Crown will " come out ahead " and later on in posts, that it all will be  a " net gain " this season for Carolina Crown with all their staff changes taking place there. If DCP'ers are looking for " hype " on a Corps expectations this season, they are probably on the wrong Corps thread here however, as its true, there is not a lot of Corps " hype " on this Boston Crusaders thread for the 2017 Boston Crusaders at the moment.

typical inaccuracies aside,  it's not pretty close -- it's completely accurate.   

first your ran from the money.

now you're running from your expectations.

it's all good. 

1 minute ago, Tobias said:

Well "on paper", I can see Crown having a net gain with the staff changes. Jeff replacing Leon is certainly not a negative. Percussion should be the same as well as brass if not better with lots of vets returning and guard should be competitive but probably not going to win. MT is pretty awesome. So certainly a medal contender. 

Using the same "on paper" speculation, BAC should be a much "better" corps than last year. Again rankings depend on what your competition does. Great brass players will still go to Crown to age out but not sure Boston will have that type of draw at this point despite staff  but soon...

heck the Crown guard didn't win with the old staff!  just  one time out of many, many chances.

Brasso's new theory (freshly adopted since they acquired this guard staff) that it's all about the guard will certainly be put to the test.  

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

Well "on paper", I can see Crown having a net gain with the staff changes.  

Yes. Others have said as much too. Which more than likely explains  the hype we are witnessing for Carolina Crown this season here on DCP. CC finished 3rd last season,, an improvement in placement over 2015. But  several DCP'ers have been saying the staff at CC was giving their marchers old stuff . One said ( his words ) " very stale " productions in Show Design. Several DCP'ers.. yourself included... are telling us other DCP'ers that the new staff that CC has brought in are better than May- Townshend- Potter, and so it should be a " net gain " in Show Design production from CC this season. This assessment in several DCP quarters of being better in such a key area of Show Design explains the CC hype on here, and why so many peoole are looking forward to the improved productions in show design from CC, as few like " very stale " things anymore, of course. I did not personally think that CC was getting " very stale" productions of late, but if the hype that Crown's show design will be even better now with the new staff... well, heck, whats not to be exciited about from CC this season ? I'm on board the CC hype train.. as I have LOVED most all of CC's show productions the last decade ! If its going to be a " net gain " now with CC, whoa... I can barely contain myself with my expectations for CC now for this season. It sounds so intriguing, if not down right exciting to see something more than likely from reports to be even BETTER coming from Carolina Crown this summer. Tobias.

Edited by BRASSO

14 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yes. Others have said as much too. Which more than likely explains  the hype we are witnessing for Carolina Crown this season here on DCP. CC finished 3rd last season,, an improvement in placement over 2015. But  several DCP'ers have been saying the staff at CC was giving their marchers old stuff . One said ( his words ) " very stale " productions in Show Design. Several DCP'ers.. yourself included... are telling us other DCP'ers that the new staff that CC has brought in are better than May- Townshend- Potter, and so it should be a " net gain " in Show Design production from CC this season. This assessment in several DCP quarters of being better in such a key area of Show Design explains the CC hype on here, and why so many peoole are looking forward to the improved productions in show design from CC, as few like " very stale " things anymore, of course. I did not personally think that CC was getting " very stale" productions of late, but if the hype that Crown's show design will be even better now with the new staff... well, heck, whats not to be exciited about from CC this season ? I'm on board the CC hype train.. as I have LOVED most all of CC's show productions the last decade ! If its going to be a " net gain " now with CC, whoa... I can't contain myself with my expectations for CC now this season. It sounds so intriguing, if not exciting.

I think Potter etal just want to create something new. They ran their course with Crown. 

Edited by Tobias

11 minutes ago, Tobias said:

I think Potter etal just want to create something new. They ran their course with Crown. 

As good a thought as any others out there.  Wonder if GH  has run his course with the Cadets.

1 hour ago, corpsband said:

Brasso's new theory (freshly adopted since they acquired this guard staff) that it's all about the guard will certainly be put to the test.  

Oh God... where is the DCP poster Ghost. 

Hey Ghost..  come on down from upstairs and join us in the parlor here and help Corpsband out here. ( lol!) Will you PLEASE tell Corpsband here that for the umpteenth numbers of posts I've made on this topic the last 3 years here, I have repeated ( ad nauseum to perhaps some ) that it is THE SHOW DESIGN VISUALS.. AND... THE GUARD  that principally drives the scores and placements in DCI these days now. Please tell Corpsband ( he's apparently heedless ) that I have never once said on here that "its... ALL... about.. the... guard ". He is apparently impervious to what I have actually said here numerous times on this. Ghost...  I know you know what I've said on here regarding this too. Have you ever heard me state that DCI placements and scores are.. " all about the guard " ?  Jaspar on a popsickle stick, I've never posted such a ridiculous thing on here.  First off, NO Corps marcher section has such heavy weight on the sheets any more. Whats up with this guy ?... lol!

Edited by BRASSO

7 minutes ago, Ghost said:

As good a thought as any others out there.  Wonder if GH  has run his course with the Cadets.

No. He's not " stale ". He's fresh, new.. like morning dew.

49 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yes. Others have said as much too. Which more than likely explains  the hype we are witnessing for Carolina Crown this season here on DCP. CC finished 3rd last season,, an improvement in placement over 2015. 

They went down a placement last year, were in second in 2015 and third in 2016

• Like 1