2017 Boston Crusaders

2 hours ago, corpsband said:

first your ran from the money.

No. You can't even get THIS right. All my life, when given a choice, I have " ran toward the money ".. not... " ran from the money".  I am not a Calvinist, (lol!) and have never taken a vow of poverty, and don't intend too either

As for the Boston Crusaders, I think its wonderful they have more money now to operate their Corps than in the past.  I have never stated otherwise. The notion that you think that I believe having more money ( than not ) or that the Crusaders having more money now is something not to be proud of, is really pretty silly too. I have no idea how, nor why, you post such ridiculous things. My guess, you'd wish the Crown had more money now too than in the past, and you'd be " proud " too if you woke up tomorrow to learn that the Carolina Crown had more money than when you hit the pillows tonite. So stop with this nonsense.

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, craiga said:

The Egg Man cometh.

lol!

The eggs used to be " fresh"  but now they seem to be coming in " very stale " lately. doncha' think ?

7 hours ago, tesmusic said:

I'm not simply referring to comments posted on here. 

Think about it, were the Boston Crusaders discussed in these forums to the level they have been leading up to 2017? 

There's a great deal of chatter on here, as well as by people on Facebook, Reddit, etc. and in personal conversations thanks to their staff changes, etc. 

My comment was not as one-dimensional as you're trying to make it.

I thought about it as you suggested. I wasn't referring to anytime prior to 2017.  So your comment has no relevance to mine. I agree there was a lot of hype in years past.  The same is true of most corps this year. And yes I agree there is a great deal of chatter as evidenced by the number of pages and posts.  However, much of it was about staff changes....back in September. Not so much recently, and when it is mentioned, it's fairly generic about a belief and hope there will be an improvement in the corps standing, based on a consensus there has an upgrade in design and instructional staffing.  Your assertion there is a lot of hype is one somewhat one dimensional with no other comments adding to or expanding that thought.

6 hours ago, corpsband said:

The anti-hype in here is deafening :ninja:  You're quite correct -- expectations are extremely high regardless of what you see from some DCP posters.  There have been plenty of "dream teams" brought in to various programs over the years.  Sometimes things work out -- sometimes not so much.  It will entertaining to watch the anti-hypers in here react to either of the possibilities.  

So what is it?  Hype or anti-hype? He is not "quite correct" that expectations are extremely high.  They are restrained, they are hopeful.  The posters on the Boston page are careful in what is said for the most part.  They have been through many down years and missed goals but continue to do what they can to move forward and improve not just the corps performance but the entire organization.  We'll see how this year goes, but people begrudging them for taking a big step forward and getting in the game starts to traipse into elitism.  Undeserved.  And if some posters want to keep saying what they see is hype...so blankety blank what!  What does it matter to them?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

So what is it?  Hype or anti-hype? He is not "quite correct" that expectations are extremely high.  They are restrained, they are hopeful.  The posters on the Boston page are careful in what is said for the most part.  They have been through many down years and missed goals but continue to do what they can to move forward and improve not just the corps performance but the entire organization.  We'll see how this year goes, but people begrudging them for taking a big step forward and getting in the game starts to traipse into elitism.  Undeserved.  And if some posters want to keep saying what they see is hype...so blankety blank what!  What does it matter to them?

FoOH1i5.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

Corpsband needs a "safe place " to post old TV and old movies memes of his  ...... and a big hug perhaps, imo.

Maybe thats why he comes to the Boston Crusaders thread daily now. He wants to run up the page count, and get a nice hug and a bouquet of spring flowers for his visitations and his artwork on this thread.

Otherwise, I don't have a clue on how to explain this new found interest of his for the 2017 Boston Crusaders.

7 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Corpsband needs a "safe place " to post old TV and old movies memes of his  ...... and a big hug perhaps, imo.

Maybe thats why he comes to the Boston Crusaders thread daily now. He wants to run up the page count, and get a nice hug and a bouquet of spring flowers for his visitations and his artwork on this thread.

Otherwise, I don't have a clue on how to explain this new found interest of his for the 2017 Boston Crusaders.

Maybe the (Fire Chicken) will help BAC rise this year.

11 hours ago, LabMaster said:

I thought about it as you suggested. I wasn't referring to anytime prior to 2017.  So your comment has no relevance to mine. I agree there was a lot of hype in years past.  The same is true of most corps this year. And yes I agree there is a great deal of chatter as evidenced by the number of pages and posts.  However, much of it was about staff changes....back in September. Not so much recently, and when it is mentioned, it's fairly generic about a belief and hope there will be an improvement in the corps standing, based on a consensus there has an upgrade in design and instructional staffing.  Your assertion there is a lot of hype is one somewhat one dimensional with no other comments adding to or expanding that thought.

Once again, you're missing my point. I am not talking about comments saying they will be in the Top 6, or that their competitive success will jump dramatically. I am referring to the amount of chatter that has gone on since the end of the 2016 season. If you are not able to see the point and that there is a great deal more communication about BAC up to this point in the year, then I cannot help you. 

As I mentioned, and has been pointed out, there are significantly more mentions of BAC on here, more pages at this point on their thread, in discussions on other social media sites, I have heard much more discussion at WGI events, and in the circles that I discuss the activity.

At not point, as I said in my last post on the subject, it has nothing to do with competitive aspects.

It is a simple fact that BAC is being discussed more, which is hype. 

Furthermore, the same cannot be said for the majority of corps. Many corps that were discussed in greater quantity (again, discussion, not simply talking about competitive aspects) last year, are not being discussed as much. 

I will also point out, this is not a knock against BAC, as I hope they have a great season, but there is a MUCH more hype in the ways that I am referring to the word hype.

It is simply a factual observation.

14 hours ago, BRASSO said:

No. You can't even get THIS right. All my life, when given a choice, I have " ran toward the money ".. not... " ran from the money".  I am not a Calvinist, (lol!) and have never taken a vow of poverty, and don't intend too either

As for the Boston Crusaders, I think its wonderful they have more money now to operate their Corps than in the past.  I have never stated otherwise. The notion that you think that I believe having more money ( than not ) or that the Crusaders having more money now is something not to be proud of, is really pretty silly too. I have no idea how, nor why, you post such ridiculous things. My guess, you'd wish the Crown had more money now too than in the past, and you'd be " proud " too if you woke up tomorrow to learn that the Carolina Crown had more money than when you hit the pillows tonite. So stop with this nonsense.

The success of Boson Crusaders acquiring substantial funds, whether it through fundraising, donations from alums and fans, or corporate donors and sponsors is a reason to be proud. Fundraising happens as a result of good marketing and hard work. Donations from alums and fans, whether large or small show support. Corporate donors and sponsorships mean the organization is sustainable, stable, and serves a purpose in the community. While some alums and fans may give so the corps can win a title, my guess is most non musucal corporate donations have little to nothing to do with winning a title. Corporations donate for tax write offs, positive publicity, and proof of community involvement. The educational experience and the values the corps hands down to members would be first and foremost. Corporations are asked for money all the time. $15,000 to a drum corps may defray the costs for middle class kids to march, or it could pay for uniforms, gym rental, transportation and a coach stipend for an inner city basketball team. Which would most choose? The basketball team. Helping a drum corps win DCI would not be convincing. Point out the opportunities drum corps provides, point out how many of the marching members go into teaching, point out that drum corps is an art, point out that drum corps becomes more diverse each year, then you have a winning argument. private businesses that do not answer to a board and musical businesses are a different story, but if you answer to a board where most of the members may have no idea of what a drum corps is, giving money to help win a title would not work.

• Like 2