2017 Boston Crusaders

10 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

No selfies please.

Lol!

1 hour ago, tesmusic said:

Once again, you're missing my point. I am not talking about comments saying they will be in the Top 6, or that their competitive success will jump dramatically. I am referring to the amount of chatter that has gone on since the end of the 2016 season. If you are not able to see the point and that there is a great deal more communication about BAC up to this point in the year, then I cannot help you. 

As I mentioned, and has been pointed out, there are significantly more mentions of BAC on here, more pages at this point on their thread, in discussions on other social media sites, I have heard much more discussion at WGI events, and in the circles that I discuss the activity.

At not point, as I said in my last post on the subject, it has nothing to do with competitive aspects.

It is a simple fact that BAC is being discussed more, which is hype. 

Furthermore, the same cannot be said for the majority of corps. Many corps that were discussed in greater quantity (again, discussion, not simply talking about competitive aspects) last year, are not being discussed as much. 

I will also point out, this is not a knock against BAC, as I hope they have a great season, but there is a MUCH more hype in the ways that I am referring to the word hype.

It is simply a factual observation.

Ok then we will agree to disagree on what you believe is hype and what I believe is hype.  Not a problem.  To me, "hype" is a neverending rose colored glasses,  "wait till you hear this, they will be phenomenal this year" kind of  kind of posting.  Bordering on the extreme.  What I have gotten from all the posting, that is in reference to the upcoming season, has been more subdued than in prior years.  There was a lot of talk early on about the new staff as well there should be.  But most recently there has been little of that by BAC posters.  Lots of speculation maybe but I don't see that as "hyping" anything.  I am excited to see what corps come out with this year.  There are so many ways this can all go with so much speculation about uniforms and costumes, hats not hats, propos, music, themes, who's in who's out, staff changes; on and on.  I'm looking forward to it and we will undoubtedly hear more hype once corps ST begins.

31 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Ok then we will agree to disagree on what you believe is hype and what I believe is hype.  Not a problem.  To me, "hype" is a neverending rose colored glasses,  "wait till you hear this, they will be phenomenal this year" kind of  kind of posting.  Bordering on the extreme. 

Exactly. This is the conventional meaning of the word.. " hype". Understood by most people too. The claim that there has been lots of "hype "on DCP for Boston this summer is not what I've been reading here on DCP. Who knows what Tobias is hearing away from DCP.  Also " chatter " is not " hype ".  You defined " hype " accurately here, and gave an example of it. There is no evidence of this here on DCP..,, not from BAC alums, fans. Only a couple of us here on DCP have even attended Boston's camps this season. And none of us here on DCP has publically " hyped " Boston's music, nor its playing, at all... and nobody here knows anything about the unis, visuals, guard, props, theme, drill, etc,  so what is there to " hype " on anyway ?.... haha!.  Its sort of fun I must admit however to watch the " hyperventilators " regarding this alleged " hype " they tell us they are sensing for the 2017 Boston Crusaders season, but who havn't been within 1000 miles of a Boston Crusaders camp this off season.... lol!

Edited by BRASSO

Since the conversation has shifted to definitions of the word hype, and differing opinions on that. I'll just leave this right here. It was a simple google search of the word hype. Added discussions and chatter as I have pointed out multiple times fall into the definition if we are using the word as a noun or a verb. You may also want to take a look at dictionary.com, as there are references to multiple meanings of the word, including the way in which I am using the word. 

hype1
noun

1. 1
    extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion.
    "she relied on hype and headlines to stoke up interest in her music"
    synonyms: publicityadvertisingpromotionmarketingexposureMore

verb

1. 1
    promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits.
    "an industry quick to hype its products"
    synonyms: publicizeadvertisepromotepushboostmerchandise, build up; 
    informalplug
    "a stunt to hype a new product"

27 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

Since the conversation has shifted to definitions of the word hype, and differing opinions on that. I'll just leave this right here. It was a simple google search of the word hype. Added discussions and chatter as I have pointed out multiple times fall into the definition if we are using the word as a noun or a verb. You may also want to take a look at dictionary.com, as there are references to multiple meanings of the word, including the way in which I am using the word. 

hype1
noun

1. 1
    extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion.
    "she relied on hype and headlines to stoke up interest in her music"
    synonyms: publicityadvertisingpromotionmarketingexposureMore

verb

1. 1
    promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits.
    "an industry quick to hype its products"
    synonyms: publicizeadvertisepromotepushboostmerchandise, build up; 
    informalplug
    "a stunt to hype a new product"

I would imagine that a public policy of an adoption of a " cone of silence " on music/ themes would eliminate any possibility that the Boston Crusaders this off season has engaged in "  extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion " regarding themselves on. music/ themes/ placement prospects. Heck, we can eliminate this side of the definition of " hype " with just about every DCI Corps as just about all of them in the off season are less extravagant and/ or " publicity " intensive than an Order of Franciscan Monks in some distant, rural, isolated, hilltop monastery.... haha!

Edited by BRASSO

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I guess a public policy of a " cone of silence " would eliminate any possibility that the Boston Crusaders this off season has engaged in "  extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion " regarding themselves. Heck, we can eliminate this side of the definition of " hype " with just about every DCI Corps as just about all of them in the off season are less extravagant and/ or " publicity " intensive than an Order of Franciscan Monks in some distant, rural, monastery.... haha!

This is true, at least from the corps themselves.

15 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

This is true, at least from the corps themselves.

True.. and utilizing the 2nd definition of " hype " one would be hard pressed to see most BAC alums and/ or fans here on DCP making " exaggerated " claims of " hype " for Boston's prospects for this offseason either. Craiga and EMC2 are two of the most honkish BAC'er posters on DCP ( I say this in a good way ) and neither of them has engaged in " exaggerated " claims on Boston this off season for the Corps either. So thats that.

Edited by BRASSO

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

True.. and utilizing the 2nd definition of " hype " one would be hard pressed to see most BAC alums and/ or fans here on DCP making " extravagant claims for their prospects for this season either. Craiga and EMC2 are two of the most honkish BAC'er posters on DCP ( I say that in a good way ) and neither of them has engaged in " extravagant " claims on Boston this off season. 

Which was never my point with discussing the hype.

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Craiga and EMC2 are two of the most honkish BAC'er posters on DCP ( I say that in a good way ) and neither of them has engaged in " extravagant " claims on Boston this off season. 

Don't forget BRASSO.  It's your turn to check in on emc2 at his secured location to make sure he is well and has enough rations.  For someone who will not be released until after the Spring Fling, he's doing quite well.

11 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Don't forget BRASSO.  It's your turn to check in on emc2 at his secured location to make sure he is well and has enough rations.  For someone who will not be released until after the Spring Fling, he's doing quite well.

emc2 has more food close by to himself than your mountainous outpost enclave, Ghost. So don't fret. He's doing well. And yes, there has been little to no public hype here on the Boston Crusaders. There's cautious optimism. But good lord, what  Boston" hype " are these few DCP'ers supposedly reading on here this offseason, as maybe the DCP mods deleted THOSE posts, as I've not seen THOSE  exaggerated claims of" hype " comments from BAC alums/ fans anywhere here on DCP this off season. Oh well, some people claim they see ghosts too, but I can't see'em, so who knows.

Edited by BRASSO