2017 Boston Crusaders

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I may have read too much into your post and the use of "impuning"  through me off.  I made my reply before learning that there is no word impuning, at least from my search.  I may also have a false sense that some none supporters of the corps might not want them to succeed and earn a place at the table which for me and many alumni is top six.

impugning -- needs the "G" 

12 hours ago, Ghost said:

I may have read too much into your post and the use of "impuning"  through me off.  I made my reply before learning that there is no word impuning, at least from my search.  I may also have a false sense that some none supporters of the corps might not want them to succeed and earn a place at the table which for me and many alumni is top six.

I apologize profusely for misspelling the word impugning.  However I did a search for impuning and lo and behold what came up was "Did you mean: impugning?".  I was then able to determine what the word was that I spelled incorrectly, along with its meaning.  Anyway, I believe the overall context was clear.  Didn't mean to through  er...throw you off. 

I can only handle so much puny impugning (or impuning) today, so will you guys just knock it off ?:lle:

Edited by BRASSO

54 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Don't you have a golf cart drill team practice to get too?

The time conflicted with my synchronized swimming lessons, so it was rescheduled, Ghost.

Edited by BRASSO

\

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:14 PM, BRASSO said:

Boston actually came to the aid of a Corps that was being harrassed by the street gang of Miami in '83, and took care of that street gang.. lol! .. Its not just a figurative phrase to say that the Boston Crusaders had to " fight their way " thru some years and some difficullties in order to stand their ground, survive. Fortunately, those " fighting years " that Boston was known for..( thus the original meaning of BAC) are behind them now. But no apologies are neccessary for those hard scrabble, gritty years, where kids came off the streets, learned to put their energies into productive endeavors, and developed into good citizens, when it would have been so much easier to have been lost to those mean streets. The Boston Crusaders are a classy organization from top to bottom now, imo. Those who came before are part of this rebirth, and renasaisance, and they share in it, imo.... ( I know you know all this too, Craiga.. my comments are mostly meant for readers here on this thread as some background filler to whats already been correctly and asutely mentioned by you and others. )

I was there in 1983, we didn't come to the aid of any other corps but our own. As the horn line marched off to find a place to warm up, they passed the projects where a young thug asked a girl horn player to blow him instead of the horn. She told him to F##K off. He went back and got a number of gang members and went searching. The drum line, which was smaller than the horn line (not by much) took the brunt of the attack when they recognized the uniforms. the drum line had a girl was 10 years old. They instructors came running and eventual sirens started, so they ran. The injuries were bruises and scratches, we were very lucky that was it. To be honest, most of the kids ran, I didn't blame them, these animals came with pipes. But for a few older vets, the drum line was very young. All the instructors and management were mostly alumni, thank god they all ran into the fray, instead of out. I was still shaking as the corps was performing lol. 

• Like 5

On 4/12/2017 at 6:26 PM, craiga said:

As for some folks talking about hype or not hype...it is becoming clear that we can't win in this regard.  If someone writes something supportive and optimistic about BAC 2017, that is labelled hype.  If someone is deliberately cautious-as I have tried to be-we are accused of "running away from hype".

At the end of the day, the hype discussion is at best disingenuous.  In a little of two months, we will have our answers.

Well said.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nysader said:

\

I was there in 1983, we didn't come to the aid of any other corps but our own. As the horn line marched off to find a place to warm up, they passed the projects where a young thug asked a girl horn player to blow him instead of the horn. She told him to F##K off. He went back and got a number of gang members and went searching. The drum line, which was smaller than the horn line (not by much) took the brunt of the attack when they recognized the uniforms. the drum line had a girl was 10 years old. They instructors came running and eventual sirens started, so they ran. The injuries were bruises and scratches, we were very lucky that was it. To be honest, most of the kids ran, I didn't blame them, these animals came with pipes. But for a few older vets, the drum line was very young. All the instructors and management were mostly alumni, thank god they all ran into the fray, instead of out. I was still shaking as the corps was performing lol. 

Exactamundo.

• Like 1