2017 Boston Crusaders

I noticed on the DCI page that 90% of the World Class Division Corps will be having April camps next weekend.( April 28th-30th ).. Boston included. Move ins for many of the WC Corps will then be mid May or the last weekend in May. Hopefully we are getting closer to announcements on the music, themes on all these Corps, Boston Crusaders included.

Edited by BRASSO

32 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I noticed on the DCI page that 90% of the World Class Division Corps will be having April camps next weekend.( April 28th-30th ).. Boston included. Move ins for many of the WC Corps will then be mid May or the last weekend in May. Hopefully we are getting closer to announcements on the music, themes on all these Corps, Boston Crusaders included.

I keep hearing rumors from a few posters, one particular poster who believe he's in the know, says the show is about witches?  Maybe he is hearing from all the brass and percussion stars that have migrated from a top corps?  Is that possible he knows anything?  Probably not, trolls don't know much.  The way this off season has gone I would not  be surprised to learn announcements won't be made until ST for corps.

37 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I keep hearing rumors from a few posters, one particular poster who believe he's in the know, says the show is about witches?  Maybe he is hearing from all the brass and percussion stars that have migrated from a top corps?  Is that possible he knows anything?  Probably not, trolls don't know much.  The way this off season has gone I would not  be surprised to learn announcements won't be made until ST for corps.

I've said this before on DCP, whenever Corps decide to keep their fans in the dark on info, something naturally comes in and fills that void. And in this case with most of these Corps going silent in the off season like never before now, it is unfounded, run away rumors that naturally fills these voids for all these Corps. Rumors by their very nature are things that  a) eventually turn out to be true, or b) partially true in some facets, but untrue in other facets, or c) completely bogus all around.  People in the off season can believe all these rumors on all these Corps at their own peril then, imo. We will find a, b, and c here to be the case with these rumors in due time, as we will find all 3 in plenty of supply regarding the veracity of these rumors by mid June at the latest. As for Boston, having been present at all off season camps ( both in Mass & Fl ), I know some of these public rumors re. Boston  that have been floating around that are a combo of a,b,c already. But in due time, the talking stops, rumors subside, hype subsides,.. and reality takes place. But until then, the unfounded, run away rumors with all these Corps, Boston included, is all most Drum Corps fans have for the most part. And so they choose to believe what they choose to believe. And who can blame them ?

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I feel all "cone of silence" bets are off April 30th...once they make a PUBLIC performance...it is ADVERTISED as a PUBLIC performance...not a closed rehearsal...

Sunday – April 30th -Public Preview Performance by the 2017 Boston Crusaders – All are welcome!

Don’t miss this preview performance by the Boston Crusaders! The corps will play the 2017 program as well as several other pieces they have rehearsed during the winter months. Merchandise will also be available for purchase!

-Where: Lakewood Ranch High School (5500 Lakewood Ranch Blvd, Bradenton, FL 34211)
-When: 11:00am – 12:30pm
-Cost: Please bring a donation of disposable goods as your “ticket to entry”. We spend over $30,000 on disposable goods every year… We would LOVE to load our trucks with enough plates, napkins, and cups for Spring Training! Here are some suggested disposable goods donations: Plates, Cups, Bowls, Napkins, Paper Towels, Forks, Knifes, Spoons, Bacterial Wipes, Serving Gloves

1 hour ago, Liahona said:

I feel all "cone of silence" bets are off April 30th...once they make a PUBLIC performance...it is ADVERTISED as a PUBLIC performance...not a closed rehearsal...

Sunday – April 30th -Public Preview Performance by the 2017 Boston Crusaders – All are welcome!

Don’t miss this preview performance by the Boston Crusaders! The corps will play the 2017 program as well as several other pieces they have rehearsed during the winter months. Merchandise will also be available for purchase!

-Where: Lakewood Ranch High School (5500 Lakewood Ranch Blvd, Bradenton, FL 34211)
-Cost: Please bring a donation of disposable goods as your “ticket to entry”. We spend over $30,000 on disposable goods every year… We would LOVE to load our trucks with enough plates, napkins, and cups for Spring Training! Here are some suggested disposable goods donations: Plates, Cups, Bowls, Napkins, Paper Towels, Forks, Knifes, Spoons, Bacterial Wipes, Serving Gloves

hmmm.. interesting point, Liahona.  I had not thought of that angle 'till you just mentioned it here now. But its hard to disagree that a " public performance " is not a " private showing " per se.

Edited by BRASSO

10 hours ago, Liahona said:

I hear  that a lot of Alumni will be attending the (BAC Public Preview) at Lakewood Ranch.  Posted on FB (RG and staff) have completed the music.   Yes please donate.  New refrigerator/freezer's have been installed in the food truck as well as a lot of maintenance done on all the fleet equipment/vehicle etc. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I noticed on the DCI page that 90% of the World Class Division Corps will be having April camps next weekend (April 28th-30th), Boston included.

You can't do a thing to stop me from pointing out that, given that this is the weekend of Apr. 15-16, next weekend is April 22-23.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

You can't do a thing to stop me from pointing out that, given that this is the weekend of Apr. 15-16, next weekend is April 22-23.

Yeah.. good point.. my bad.. 'meant to post " 2 weeks " hence, above. Thanks.

Edited by BRASSO

32 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yeah.. good point.. my bad.. 'meant to post " 2 weeks " hence, above. Thanks.

No worries! I didn't mean to imply you'd done a bad thing.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
Removed possibly redundant use of word "bad".
  • Like 1

US Marines runner today in the Boston Marathon.. very inspiring, imo

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1