2017 Boston Crusaders

So there are 29 days until Boston's first public performance (Greenway in downtown Boston) and 38 days until the first show in Ohio.  I think I got that right.  Correct me if I am wrong.  From what little I have heard through the grapevine and what I was aware of with their approach from the new staff, I think they will be better prepared for performing than in years past, right out of the gate.  Should be stronger for the for the first show than the recent past.  The ST's facilities are terrific and there is a lot of time to work on things as well as enjoying an incredibly gorgeous place for ST.  I am excited for this years program and extend best wishes to all returning MM's and new MM's.  Hope to see a lot of folks during Memorial weekend.  Hope the weather holds. After all it is new England.  Good luck to all and thanks to the staff, old and new and all the volunteers.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

So there are 29 days until Boston's first public performance (Greenway in downtown Boston) and 38 days until the first show in Ohio.  I think I got that right.  Correct me if I am wrong.   .

You are pretty close, Labmaster.  The Boston Crusaders 1st public performance of their 2017 field show will be in 27 days at their " Community Nite " performance at the site of their New England move ins, Castleton, Vermont on June 13th.  On June 15th, Boston will provide a standstill performance in the Financial District, Downtown Boston.. then the next nite, June 16th, Boston will perform along with the Crusaders Sr's, a standstill exhibition at their Annual  " Spring Fling " Fundraiser/ Auction in Dorchester, Ma. Boston may do another full field  exhibition performance in Everett, Ma on or around June 17th, 18th, I'm told..... Boston's first competition appearance will be on Sat, June 24th in Massillon, Ohio.

Edited by BRASSO

13 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

So there are 29 days until Boston's first public performance (Greenway in downtown Boston) and 38 days until the first show in Ohio.  I think I got that right.  Correct me if I am wrong.  From what little I have heard through the grapevine and what I was aware of with their approach from the new staff, I think they will be better prepared for performing than in years past, right out of the gate.  Should be stronger for the for the first show than the recent past.  The ST's facilities are terrific and there is a lot of time to work on things as well as enjoying an incredibly gorgeous place for ST.  I am excited for this years program and extend best wishes to all returning MM's and new MM's.  Hope to see a lot of folks during Memorial weekend.  Hope the weather holds. After all it is new England.  Good luck to all and thanks to the staff, old and new and all the volunteers.

26+1 days (June 13) Castleton Community Performance

June 15 Concert in the Park; Leventhal Park, 130 Congress Street, Boston

June 16 Spring Fling; Boston Teachers' Union Hall, Mt Vernon Street, Dorchester

Best of luck to all involved in BAC 2017!!!

13 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

yes, it can snow in Vermont even up to June.............or later.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

yes, it can snow in Vermont even up to June.............or later.

Yes it snowed up there last week.

All - We've had a last minute change of personnel and are in immediate need of a tuba player for the Boston Crusaders. Please contact me if interested! Ryan.williams@me.com

Saw this on reddit..thought I'd spread the word...

• Like 1

Just now, Ghost said:

Is this another tuba player needed or are they still searching after the announcement awhile back?

IDK...but this was just posted only 2 hours ago...

I'm so EXCITED...Day #1 is here :colgate:

18491594_10212956198205574_2373334832152

• Like 1