2017 Boston Crusaders

14 minutes ago, Liahona said:

IDK...but this was just posted only 2 hours ago...

I don't understand why some corps don't offer alternate contracts.  With so many issues arising these days one needs to cover all situations.

2 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

I don't understand why some corps don't offer alternate contracts.  With so many issues arising these days one needs to cover all situations.

I seem to recall Boston having alternates in the past...It seems apparent in this case they did not have any tuba alternates for whatever reason???...I'm not going to second guess staff decisions though...

Boston,

I keep changing my mind about how much progress on the competition field you're going to make this year.

It's started off as a big expectation that became tempered for a couple of weeks based upon some thing I learned.  Now I'm rethinking things and the expectations are high again.

No pressure or anything, just hoping we see a fun ride.  I can't wait to see how the visual ideas pan out for you guys this year!

Give us a good show!  We know you're going to be a much better corps this year!

3 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

Boston,

I keep changing my mind about how much progress on the competition field you're going to make this year.

It's started off as a big expectation that became tempered for a couple of weeks based upon some thing I learned.  Now I'm rethinking things and the expectations are high again.

No pressure or anything, just hoping we see a fun ride.  I can't wait to see how the visual ideas pan out for you guys this year!

Give us a good show!  We know you're going to be a much better corps this year!

Mind sharing what detail's got you down and then re-excited you?

1 hour ago, Narrow said:

Mind sharing what detail's got you down and then re-excited you?

All the staff moving there this year got me excited for their future ( and present) placement possibilities..

Then I heard some show music; performance levels will no doubt be much improved, but I haven't decided about the brass arrangements. Percussion arrangements are great for this layman.  It got me down a bit that I'm not giddy over the brass arrangements.  ( It's all personal taste when it comes to arrangers).

Finally, everyone on here has been pointing out how the Guard caption should be really strong for Boston now, and that there's going to be a visual overhaul this year too.

That made me get excited again.  I think they have a good show concept, and I need to come into the season without expectations.

I need to remember that there's several positives ( as mentioned above) and one not so positive.

Yes, I know they haven't announced anything, so I'm not going to share show music either.

I would like them to announce so that some of us can be more open about what we've seen or heard.

That way we can be criticized on here for critiquing a product before the season has even started.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, brassdude6171 said:

Tomorrow's the day!!

Also... #FreeCorpsband

#PleaseStayBanned4Tomnorrow

lol

• Like 1

oh and GEEZ it's 40 minutes after the witching hour...what gives?....LOL

• Like 1