2017 Boston Crusaders

I heard Boston is hanging garlic cloves from the horns. Is that true? Garlic is a very strong anti oxidant.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Nahhhh!  Around their necks.

I thought that's where Gino had them place the cornicellos to ward off the evil eyes.

Edited by xandandl

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Nahhhh!  Around their necks.

Silly me, yes you're correct. Cadets will have large crosses around their necks. Interesting when these two meet up. Split pea soup anyone?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tobias said:

Silly me, yes you're correct. Cadets will have large crosses around their necks. Interesting when these two meet up. Split pea soup anyone?

It should be an interesting crusade campaign!

I heard these will be the uniforms for both corps. ( Sorry, wrong thread, but right topic).

Crusades: Christian soldier, in a symbolical garment, white for purity, and a blood-red cross shown to ones enemies. v serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fwww.freakingnews.com%2Fpictures%2F127000%2FWicked-Witch-And-Her-Little-Dog--127382.jpg&sp=bde3c305e55a4a10fa0b869ddc18589e

Edited by jjeffeory

18 hours ago, BRASSO said:

Funny you should mention this, as earlier today, I got to hear ELP's version of Toccata... whoa.. heavy octane fueled jet propulsion in ELP's version. My ears are still ringing from just the engines being revved up on that sucker.. Man, ELP's version is just loud and wild to the Max.  I have no idea if Boston will doing the ELP version however. My guess, probably not.

Freelancers 77 I think was the year. I bought that album new when I was 11.  That and Spectrum (Billy Cobham) really changed my life especially since the Frank Arsenault record I got when I was 9 propelled me to quickly figure those parts out.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2017 at 1:23 PM, Narrow said:

You already know guard will look fantastic.

Yes, they'll probably look great, but if one feels the CG will be the corps strong suit this first year with many new instructional staff, they might drive this show more so than most guards do in recent years.

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Yes, they'll probably look great, but if one feels the CG will be the corps strong suit this first year with many new instructional staff, they might drive this show more so than most guards do in recent years.

Whether it's a good thing or not, if I were to pick one caption to be strong, it would be guard. Sad in a way since it still is DRUM and BUGLE corps but WGI has spread its influence into summer marching.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Whether it's a good thing or not, if I were to pick one caption to be strong, it would be guard. Sad in a way since it still is DRUM and BUGLE corps but WGI has spread its influence into summer marching.

See 2015 results. Guard is everything 

I think some people might be underestimating how high Boston can go this year. Possibly as high as 7 or 6 imo depending obviously on how the other corps do. If a few falter even as high as 5th if they have a great show. 

30 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

See 2015 results. Guard is everything 

I think some people might be underestimating how high Boston can go this year. Possibly as high as 7 or 6 imo depending obviously on how the other corps do. If a few falter even as high as 5th if they have a great show. 

I'm sure Boston is happy for your support :)