2017 Boston Crusaders

4 minutes ago, blakman7 said:

Can't complain. It's a beautiful Monday we have here.

its raining, and in the low 50's here in N.E....but it'll be better as the week goes on, we're being told by the weather bureau. But the're just speculating too.

Edited by BRASSO

Just now, BRASSO said:

its raining, and in the low 50's here in N.E....but it'll be better as the week goes on, we're being told by the weather bureau.

The weather bureau? Oh yeah, that industry where you can be wrong 100% of the time and still keep your job. Haha. Anyway, back to BAC. 

3 hours ago, Tobias said:

What do you mean when they're not far off to begin with? Where did Brass and percussion place last season? 

I mean that they are only 1.0 to 1.2 out of 8th, based on last years numbers.  But you can't really use last years numbers as an indicator of this years success.  The B&P MM's are veterans to BAC.  So Colin & Gino are not building new lines.  They have had an entire winter with these kids.  The guard if what we are hearing that many are from Crown (which I don't know that they are, rumors being what they are and all) will be better in that area than B&P will be.  If I understand what you are saying correctly.  What impacted B&P performance last year will not be a factor this year, I am sure of that.  The show design truly inhibited any modifications or re-writes.  Staff availability also impacted design corrections.  How the windmills were used for equipment storage on the field, became a prohibitive element to enable corrections and cleaning.  So I see this years improvement and path to future success being the following:

New cohesive collaborative show design - improved over LY

Solid winter music program and staff involvement in program development

Higher MM demand for performance quality and improvement - leading to further improvement over the course of the season

More emphasis on program cleaning and design "cleanability"  (designing elements that can be cleaned,  then cleaning them appropriately, logically, in a timely manner with an experienced staff).

Hope I was clear.  Occasionally I'm not. No matter what this is going to a most interesting year for Boston, cadets and Crown.  The offseason for each will generate a lot of fan interest.  As it should.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blakman7 said:

The weather bureau? Oh yeah, that industry where you can be wrong 100% of the time and still keep your job. Haha. Anyway, back to BAC. 

I suppose its much easier to get higher odds of being right As a TV weatherperson in Phoenix. Just say " tomorrow will bring sunshine and seasonal temps ", and you can forget the weather models, charts, graphs, and just go golfing till its time to come back to the studio to report the weather again.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I mean that they are only 1.0 to 1.2 out of 8th, based on last years numbers.  But you can't really use last years numbers as an indicator of this years success.  The B&P MM's are veterans to BAC.  So Colin & Gino are not building new lines.  They have had an entire winter with these kids.  The guard if what we are hearing that many are from Crown (which I don't know that they are, rumors being what they are and all) will be better in that area than B&P will be.  If I understand what you are saying correctly.  What impacted B&P performance last year will not be a factor this year, I am sure of that.  The show design truly inhibited any modifications or re-writes.  Staff availability also impacted design corrections.  How the windmills were used for equipment storage on the field, became a prohibitive element to enable corrections and cleaning.  So I see this years improvement and path to future success being the following:

New cohesive collaborative show design - improved over LY

Solid winter music program and staff involvement in program development

Higher MM demand for performance quality and improvement - leading to further improvement over the course of the season

More emphasis on program cleaning and design "cleanability"  (designing elements that can be cleaned,  then cleaning them appropriately, logically, in a timely manner with an experienced staff).

Hope I was clear.  Occasionally I'm not. No matter what this is going to a most interesting year for Boston, cadets and Crown.  The offseason for each will generate a lot of fan interest.  As it should.

LM, according to Crown people in the Crown thread, they lost 18 guard members to Boston this past winter.

4 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I think so, friend. You doin' ok, too ?

You never talk like that to me!

I'm so jealous!  :grouphug:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, craiga said:

LM, according to Crown people in the Crown thread, they lost 18 guard members to Boston this past winter.

I think they retained 18 and 13 went to Boston but regardless, instructors are one thing but getting a huge influx of talented MM is a very different thing. Unfortunately only 3 or 4 cadets combined (Brass/percussion) made the move so we'll see how the Brass/percussion fare). 

5 hours ago, LabMaster said:

I mean that they are only 1.0 to 1.2 out of 8th, based on last years numbers.  But you can't really use last years numbers as an indicator of this years success.  The B&P MM's are veterans to BAC.

On finals night they were 1.2 points behind 8th (Phantom) in the brass subcaption. The problem with looking at just the point differential is that it neglects the box scoring. On finals night Phantom was considered by the Brass judge W. Dillon to be a low Box 5 horn line (90,90 18.00). At the same time giving Boston a mid Box 4 score (85,83 16.80), which is a huge difference.

But I agree, year to year it means nothing. Check out the Cavaliers brass scores in 2015 and then subsequently 2016.

I look forward to increased content as well as achievement from Boston this season.

Things look pretty good. at BAC.  Imo  Drum line top 3 guard top 2, horn line top 6,  GE top 6. BAC will rise from last year.