2017 Boston Crusaders

1 minute ago, shofmon88 said:

If you have to explain what the uniform is supposed to represent, you have failed as a designer. I certainly would have missed a lot of the connections without the explanation, so what happens to the casual fan who knows nothing about Boston or their show?

The casual fan doesn't care and doesn't need to know about what the small details mean. You act as if it's that detrimental. This info is just for the people who are interested in the thoughts behind the design.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

what happens to the casual fan who knows nothing about Boston or their show?

I don't know. Nobody does. You're asking an unanwserable question at the moment. We could pose your question to any Corps. In the end,  I'd imagine that all these Corps shows will live or die with audiences by how well or less well it communicates its show theme messaging to its audiences. To that extent, I suppose all these Corps duds they have on will have some effect, but I would imagine in the end, its marginal at best. If a Corps... any Corps.. show is a meh for you, does it really matter to you if the duds are a hit or a miss with you ? I don't know. It doesn't to me anyway. I hated the Bluecoats  2016 attire. hated it. Loved the show though. And for me, thats all that really mattered. Same with most Corps for me.

Edited by BRASSO

He did say for the next couple of seasons......looks to me like parts can be changed out under the coat/vest and with the shako overlays.....kind of similar to what Cavaliers introduced last year?

I have a couple of points, and bear in mind that I spent most of last week in Castleton in the very uniform room where these were all fitted.

First, trust me when I tell you the show is by far the most bad ### show BAC probably has ever done.  Save this post, and a week from Saturday remember where you heard it.

Second, you should know the kids love them...they can move, breathe and do all of their body responsibilities. Yeah, BAC has more brass and percussion body resp this year than in the last 5 combined.

Thirdly, is it just me, or are there precious few drum corps even  wearing shakos and plumes this year?  Well, Boston is!

Finally, I believe the most common comment we'll see here on ol' DCP in two weeks will be some version of, "I've haven't always been a Boston fan, but HOLY #########!

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Think so? Remember besides the fashionistas you will then have the critique about the visibility, integration of costuming, costume verses theme, die hard no change needed fans , comparisons to others.

You may have underestimated  the subjective set ..lol

If some people are talking and comparing all the various Corps attire in a couple of weeks here on DCP as a big deal for them, well swell for them..... lol!

Edited by BRASSO

28 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Think so? Remember besides the fashionistas you will then have the critique about the visibility, integration of costuming, costume verses theme, die hard no change needed fans , comparisons to others.

You may have underestimated  the subjective set ..lol

Exactly! Drummers and brass is back ground music to the talented auxiliary of performers translating the theme. You can't take the big toys home without color, pageantry and flare. 

11 minutes ago, craiga said:

I have a couple of points, and bear in mind that I spent most of last week in Castleton in the very uniform room where these were all fitted.

First, trust me when I tell you the show is by far the most bad ### show BAC probably has ever done.  Save this post, and a week from Saturday remember where you heard it.

Second, you should know the kids love them...they can move, breathe and do all of their body responsibilities. Yeah, BAC has more brass and percussion body resp this year than in the last 5 combined.

Thirdly, is it just me, or are there precious few drum corps even  wearing shakos and plumes this year?  Well, Boston is!

Finally, I believe the most common comment we'll see here on ol' DCP in two weeks will be some version of, "I've haven't always been a Boston fan, but HOLY #########!

C and B have to agree with you.    People will be impressed with this years (BAC) show.

38 minutes ago, shofmon88 said:

...so what happens to the casual fan who knows nothing about Boston or their show?

Assuming they just watched their show, they would either declare they fully enjoyed it, or did not fully enjoy it. Based on a bunch of "stuff," a small portion of witch is probably costuming details.

Or...they just read about the show in the program they just bought.