2017 Boston Crusaders

52 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Why do I feel like the uniforms will be the least of our discussion in about two weeks???

:)

I disagree. People never gave up on the Troopers uniform all season last year.

Prefer the last two uniforms to this. And they mentioned making a uniform for the next couple years but then describe all the show specific pieces so what exactly will stay the same? Pants, undershirt, and lace are all theme oriented. 

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

The guard uniform is great. Innocence vs witches. 

Corps proper just looks like they took Crown and BD with a splash of Academy and blended. It looks fine but doesn't speak "BAC"

Don't forget what looks like a healthy swig of Blue Knights...

IMO, another corps losing a visual identity. You can tell me they're Boston but don't look like Boston. I understand things change, but with the rapidly increasing pace of show-specific costuming w/o some core level of visual recognition/identity corps are becoming themselves in name only...

• Like 4

They either have really little heads or really big hats. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

They either have really little heads or really big hats. 

Still not as big as the hat I had to wear.  It was the mother of all shakos.  Tall people needed low flying aircraft warning lights on their oatmeal boxes. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I don't know. Nobody does. You're asking an unanwserable question at the moment. We could pose your question to any Corps. In the end,  I'd imagine that all these Corps shows will live or die with audiences by how well or less well it communicates its show theme messaging to its audiences. To that extent, I suppose all these Corps duds they have on will have some effect, but I would imagine in the end, its marginal at best. If a Corps... any Corps.. show is a meh for you, does it really matter to you if the duds are a hit or a miss with you ? I don't know. It doesn't to me anyway. I hated the Bluecoats  2016 attire. hated it. Loved the show though. And for me, thats all that really mattered. Same with most Corps for me.

Same here.  The first time I watched Bluecoats last year I despised the uni's.  After watching the third time, I understood why they had to do it and enjoyed the show so much I didn't care any more.  By Finals, it was just "Yeah, the uniforms are weird, but that show rocks!"  I believe after two weeks of tour, the costumes will be a minor thing.

• Like 3

Love the new unis! I get the feeling they'll blend nicely when viewing from the stands.

Regardless, the new look will be the last thing on your mind when their brass melts everyone's faces off...

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Exactly! Drummers and brass is back ground music to the talented auxiliary of performers translating the theme. You can't take the big toys home without color, pageantry and flare. 

*sigh*   I remember when it was the other way around.  I still have a hard time with the horns and battery being discussed as "background for the guard."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

The guard uniform is great. Innocence vs witches. 

Corps proper just looks like they took Crown and BD with a splash of Academy and blended. It looks fine but doesn't speak "BAC"

I can't wait till your cadets unveil their uniforms....want to see what your thoughts are then.  Maroon and Gold for sure but what?