2017 Boston Crusaders

6 minutes ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Same here.  The first time I watched Bluecoats last year I despised the uni's.  After watching the third time, I understood why they had to do it and enjoyed the show so much I didn't care any more.  By Finals, it was just "Yeah, the uniforms are weird, but that show rocks!"  I believe after two weeks of tour, the costumes will be a minor thing.

I think this is true to some spectators. I know some believe costuming doesn't play a part BUT I think when you do not make uniform a focus is one thing but if you do and make it part of a theme it becomes a very important part of the overall production and does play a very important part. Unfortunately that also opens a corps up to individual interpretation and an understanding or lack of. It's just a chance a corps takes but can be a successful choice if done well.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, t.a.r.b. said:

Regardless, the new look will be the last thing on your mind when their brass melts everyone's faces off...

Those Gino horn lines... they do have a tendency to rearrange people's dental work.  :tongue:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GUARDLING said:

I think this is true to some spectators. I know some believe costuming doesn't play a part BUT I think when you do not make uniform a focus is one thing but if you do and make it part of a theme it becomes a very important part of the overall production and does play a very important part. Unfortunately that also opens a corps up to individual interpretation and an understanding or lack of. It's just a chance a corps takes but can be a successful choice if done well.

I give you this year's Academy.  The costumes will have a HUGE impact on the show appeal.  I think BAC will be very similar.

For you history buffs on here.. on this day ( June 10th ) 1692, Bridget Bishop became the 1st person to be executed for" The practice of Witchcraft " in Salem, Massachusetts.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Wow!  Like they say....timing is everything...

I think it was a mere coincidence Terri... but... you never really know.... lol!

• Like 1

Opinions won't really matter until the unis (...oops, sorry ... "costumes") are seen in context.

That said: they definitely look sharp and appear to fit the stated theme, but I'm not a fan of the piecemeal patchwork stuff ("the sleeves represent iron+blood ... the pants represent a scary forest ... etc"). I prefer simpler designs that don't follow the BD formula of cramming as much clashing fabric in one place as possible.

I do like the puritan era elements, and wished they would've ran more with that across the board -- rather than relying on printed fabric of spooky trees.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

For you history buffs on here.. on this day ( June 10th ) 1692, Bridget Bishop became the 1st person to be executed for" The practice of Witchcraft " in Salem, Massachusetts.

Except it's June 12th, not the 10th. Interesting trivia, though - didn't know that!

• Like 1

i would prefer a more traditional uniform, but there have been many uniforms over the years that have not exactly been my favorites, but when the music starts and the show begins, I forget about the uniform if I'm sold on the show. I'll make my decision on Saturday night when I see them live. Hey, I even purchased the foam plate donation this evening when I was at BJ's.

• Like 2