2017 Boston Crusaders

3 minutes ago, Eaglebac said:

For anyone who is interested, Boston Crusaders is broadcasting the concert in the park live on their Facebook page.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I'm am so PROUD of the organization for reconnecting with it's roots in the HYDE PARK area of Boston...where the corps was formed in 1940 as the Most Precious Blood Crusaders and then later in 1955 as the Hyde Park Crusaders and eventually the Boston Crusaders...

If I could add something, BAC also does a great job at connecting the alums of groups that marched in the drum corps, bands, and drill teams of the CYO and Eastern Mass to Boston Crusaders today. Mike Woodall who often MC's the encore is always pointing out some corps, some instructor or personality in loved in Massachusetts drum corps past and it matters a great deal to those mentioned and it's great to hear "blast from the past" names. Things like this mean a great deal. It also leads to at least some donations. When I look at the list of donors, there are more than a few who probably never imagined in their marching days that one day they would be donating to Boston Crusaders.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I certainly get that many are emotionally tied to the traditional red and black of BAC, but I love this new uniform concept and I think it will be spectacular on the field. 

• Like 1

So before tonight, I had heard the show through the ballad, and I'm very impressed with the work done on that portion. I was absolutely blown away by the last two movements, and I think it definitely got the ending it deserved. Couple things from the electronics (dare I say) caption (whoa I can already hear people yelling "get off my lawn"), I think they, at this moment in time, have figured out the singing-while-brass-plays-loudly thing better than Crown has. Also this is the first instance of narration that hasn't felt awkward to me. Great job, BAC! Well on your way back to the top, and I think a top 6 appearance is in order.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I certainly get that many are emotionally tied to the traditional red and black of BAC, but I love this new uniform concept and I think it will be spectacular on the field. 

I have such mixed feelings. Legacy organizations tossing away decades of emotional goodwill. It's quite risky to say the least. 

BD has always done a good job of maintaining their identity while modernizing their recognizable uniform along the way

It can be done with great design.

• Like 1