2017 Boston Crusaders

1 hour ago, MikeRapp said:

I absolutely love these uniforms! They look similar to, but imo much cooler than, Crown last year. And they subtlet keep the Boston patriot concept, though that may be just because of the nature of this show design.

No one looks like Boston on the field this year. They look world class all the way,

As far as expectations, frankly, I would consider it more surprising if Boston wasn't competing for the top six or so given their offseason. It's not just staff, but also the talent that followed them to Boston, and the funding. Boston is very clearly a destination corps now.

... and their large pool of  returning member talent.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

... and their large pool of  returning member talent.

Right. Boston isn't a feeder corps anymore. There's no reason to go elsewhere.

• Like 3

Singing GIANT live at 21:15 EST Join in!

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Right. Boston isn't a feeder corps anymore. There's no reason to go elsewhere.

I don't think this point you have just made ( an accurate assessment, imo ) can be underestimated in its  future implications either, MikeRapp. 

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Good weekend and Independence day Holiday week coming up! Go BAC

• Like 1

On 6/28/2017 at 7:14 PM, BRASSO said:

I don't think this point you have just made ( an accurate assessment, imo ) can be underestimated in its  future implications either, MikeRapp. 

Around 2010-2012, Boston wasn't as much of a "stepping stone corps" as previous years, then 2013 and beyond had them take a step backwards.  The whole organization, on and off the field, has greatly improved.  Even though the on field results struggled a little in recent years, the future should be strong for years to come. 

Ring-chasers and malcontents notwithstanding, Boston has never been a 'feeder corps'.

Great year this year and with a phenom. Board/org. Winning is a good retention strategy.

Good luck with this extended midwest tour.

18 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Around 2010-2012, Boston wasn't as much of a "stepping stone corps" as previous years, then 2013 and beyond had them take a step backwards.  The whole organization, on and off the field, has greatly improved.  Even though the on field results struggled a little in recent years, the future should be strong for years to come. 

Phase One of the multi year plan is on track here in 2017 it would appear at the moment.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

Ring-chasers and malcontents notwithstanding, Boston has never been a 'feeder corps'.

Great year this year and with a phenom. Board/org. Winning is a good retention strategy.

Good luck with this extended midwest tour.

Very true. Back when I went to Boston to become a Crusader I was young and naive. I had a chance after my 2nd year with Boston to join a corps that was in the top 3. Just because I knew someone (more than one) on staff at that corps. I was a nobody pretty much I was never able to make it to winter camps due the distance I lived from Boston, something like 1500 miles. So I was only able to afford 1 trip a year. But I turned down the chance because I felt like I would have been letting my fellow brothers and sisters down. I looked and look at Boston as a family. Even if I feel like in many ways I had much more to give them. I sure hope the BAC upholds those same things for the young adults who join now. 

Boston Crusaders was the best thing that could have happened to me. Not many of them knew that before I came there at the age of 17 my father had passed away the year before after 4 years battling lung cancer. I was Super Poor and Boston never paid it no mind. I became one of them a Giant. It was not easy to be accepted as an outsider because during those times not many kids came from outside of the Boston / New England area. So thankful to that organization and a few particular people. 

Geaux BAC.....

bigidiebigidie bago. Winnebago 

• Like 7