2017 Boston Crusaders

51 minutes ago, craiga said:

I haven't had much too say these past two weeks...I guess I have just been enjoying watching Boston's success. But I have noticed a peculiar trend....every time BAC beats somebody or begins to close on somebody we get these know-it-alls proclaiming things like "when so & so replaces a third of their show,....when so & so has time to clean,....when there are top tier corps there,...etc".

I said on the eve of the first show of the season I saw Boston in 5th or 6th this year and I was accused of hype.  Based on the corps' current trajectory, I now say possibly as high as 4th.  Hasn't it occurred to anyone that the 2017 season for BAC is nothing less than historic?  The corps might very well end up improving SEVEN placements from last year, and some folks here on DCP are telling Boston fans to "not get excited".  Seriously?

At this point, the Boston Crusaders could win finals by two points and some fool would probably say "Cadets didn't have time to clean".

Well, if you made the call for top 5 or 6 at season's intro then you may very well be proven right. Great corps, great show! They seem to be hitting on all cylinders right now. Crown and Cavaliers would certainly be HUGE accomplishments if Boston passed them. Certainly not impossible. 

I'll admit it, I knew Boston was going to be better, but I was thinking like 7th or 8th place better -- which in itself would have been monumental coming from 12th place. How many corps goes from 12th to 8th...or 7th? Heck, Academy had a killer show last year (took 11th) and now they are fighting for their lives to just get back into the top 12. 

At any rate, last night must have been another fantastic run for the corps. Congrats to Boston! 

• Like 6

Some more love for BAC's battery :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jwillis35 said:

Well, if you made the call for top 5 or 6 at season's intro then you may very well be proven right. Great corps, great show! They seem to be hitting on all cylinders right now. Crown and Cavaliers would certainly be HUGE accomplishments if Boston passed them. Certainly not impossible. 

I'll admit it, I knew Boston was going to be better, but I was thinking like 7th or 8th place better -- which in itself would have been monumental coming from 12th place. How many corps goes from 12th to 8th...or 7th? Heck, Academy had a killer show last year (took 11th) and now they are fighting for their lives to just get back into the top 12. 

At any rate, last night must have been another fantastic run for the corps. Congrats to Boston! 

Boston came out of the gate with a well crafted show and brilliant book. This was obvious to BAC nation in early June. A tremendously talented staff has the kids-executing as good as anyone in drum corps. No time is being wasted and focusing on improving as opposed to relearning is paying off. As BD has showed for years great staff, great planning and solid system wins in drum corps.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, pbeau said:

Boston came out of the gate with a well crafted show and brilliant book. This was obvious to BAC nation in early June. A tremendously talented staff has the kids-executing as good as anyone in drum corps. No time is being wasted and focusing on improving as opposed to relearning is paying off. As BD has showed for years great staff, great planning and solid system wins in drum corps.

I went to all the Fall and Winter Camps ( except April's ), my tongue is just now recovering now from its bleeding biting it encountered all thru the 4 months as I read on DCP that Boston would finish between 10th and 14th with some posters, and majority thinking maybe Boston moves up to 10th or if things break well 9th. Interestingly enough, despite what people think ( or say ), the Boston staff does not talk placements to the marchers as a priority. They talk about the pursuit of excellence, pushing oneself to be the best one can be, having fun with what you are doing, teamwork,  developing or strengthening one's confidence both as a performer, but also most importantly, as a human being. The Boston staff/ mgt has its priorities in order... and as such, the placement improvements become the natural result of the things I just mentioned. The raw, but perhaps unrefined talent was there in the Crusaders performers. The drive to be one's best was there in these marchers.. The outstanding instructional staff Mgt has assembled knew how to properly teach and motivate. All this was readily apparent to me in the off season. Now the kids  are going out with a terrific and compelling show given to them, and are having great fun performing it for everyone. The fact that the scores and placements have accelerated this season for Boston is the result of proper planning, outstanding instruction, and young performers taking to that outstanding instruction and soaking it up like a sponge, and having fun in the process. Its a marvel to watch unfold, really... and now the sky is the limit when the talk turns to placements.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 9

Boston was destined to move up in the top 12 towards the end of finals week, last year, when word was getting out of whom they would be acquiring. The million dollar question is, can they maintain their current place in the top 12 or higher in the years to come? Can they maintain this staff in the years to come? I've seen this happen before where a corps will acquire and gain only to have it be short term success. Here's hoping they will be an exception to the rule. 

14 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Boston was destined to move up in the top 12 towards the end of finals week, last year, when word was getting out of whom they would be acquiring. The million dollar question is, can they maintain their current place in the top 12 or higher in the years to come? Can they maintain this staff in the years to come? I've seen this happen before where a corps will acquire and gain only to have it be short term success. Here's hoping they will be an exception to the rule. 

What an absurd post.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Can they maintain this staff in the years to come? 

The short answer ? Yes.... absolutely.

6 hours ago, craiga said:

I haven't had much too say these past two weeks...I guess I have just been enjoying watching Boston's success. But I have noticed a peculiar trend....every time BAC beats somebody or begins to close on somebody we get these know-it-alls proclaiming things like "when so & so replaces a third of their show,....when so & so has time to clean,....when there are top tier corps there,...etc".

I said on the eve of the first show of the season I saw Boston in 5th or 6th this year and I was accused of hype.  Based on the corps' current trajectory, I now say possibly as high as 4th.  Hasn't it occurred to anyone that the 2017 season for BAC is nothing less than historic?  The corps might very well end up improving SEVEN placements from last year, and some folks here on DCP are telling Boston fans to "not get excited".  Seriously?

At this point, the Boston Crusaders could win finals by two points and some fool would probably say "Cadets didn't have time to clean".

Easy there.

You are quite right but lets look at what you say realistically . When a corps is 10, 11th or 12th or barley making finals , does anyone talk much about them? NO not really. Critics in every shape and form come out most always as a corps gets better. BAC and all involved should welcome the critics ( as annoying as it is ) it's only when you hit a certain point of success when they even care to be obnoxiously critical. Enjoy! BAC hasn't had this in a long time....JMO

Good luck for the rest of the season BAC...Enjoy!

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2