2017 Boston Crusaders

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

Boston was destined to move up in the top 12 towards the end of finals week, last year, when word was getting out of whom they would be acquiring. The million dollar question is, can they maintain their current place in the top 12 or higher in the years to come? Can they maintain this staff in the years to come? I've seen this happen before where a corps will acquire and gain only to have it be short term success. Here's hoping they will be an exception to the rule. 

Ha ha ha....oh you were serious?  Yeah, here's hoping.

22 hours ago, E3D said:

GO BAC. 

Haters have your Hater aid handy. 

I knew the Haters would show up. 

It was predictable. 

GO BAC!

17 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I am dying to see them there.  

:)

Side 2 45 9 rows up.  

Was just going to the show here in Houston. Now I really want to drive up to Belton and watch the show. I might just skip Houston. I waited so long to get tickets it is going to be a crap ticket anyhow. RATHER have a crap ticket and see BAC than another berry center show. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, E3D said:

I knew the Haters would show up. 

It was predictable. 

GO BAC!

Lol...

...it's gonna be funny when people start debating that they don't hate BAC. 

Like they say about Cadets, no one hates just because they criticize. 

• Like 2

Wow Boston is on fire! Those scores look to me as if Cavies and even Crown better adjust their rear view mirrors. Going to be very interesting in the next few weeks. Boy I underestimated them. Eating Crow as I type. Where did that "eating Crow" term even come from?

Edited by Tobias

17 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Easy there.

You are quite right but lets look at what you say realistically . When a corps is 10, 11th or 12th or barley making finals , does anyone talk much about them? NO not really. Critics in every shape and form come out most always as a corps gets better. BAC and all involved should welcome the critics ( as annoying as it is ) it's only when you hit a certain point of success when they even care to be obnoxiously critical. Enjoy! BAC hasn't had this in a long time....JMO

Good luck for the rest of the season BAC...Enjoy!

So right...just ask the Cadets about all the armchair critics they have to deal with every season...and BD as well for that matter...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Wow Boston is on fire! Those scores look to me as if Cavies and even Crown better adjust their rear view mirrors. Going to be very interesting in the next few weeks. Boy I underestimated them. Eating Crow as I type. Where did that "eating Crow" term even come from?

Since you asked...

"In the modern figurative sense of being proven wrong, eating crow probably first appeared in print in 1850, as an American humor piece about a rube farmer near Lake Mahopack, New York."

oh...how I love google and wikipedia...haha

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Liahona said:

So right...just ask the Cadets about all the armchair critics they have to deal with every season...and BD as well for that matter...

Exactly..everyone rips apart, has a better way, re- designs etc etc everyone at the top or having success ( whatever that means ). When the critics aren't out you know you're doing something wrong.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Ha ha ha....oh you were serious?  Yeah, here's hoping.

I dont think the poster you answered was trying to be snarky toward BAC. It could be ( hopefully with good intent ) a legit question. Lets face it drum corps people ( designers ) can be a little here today gone tomorrow without thinking of consequence . I'm sure BAC has done what they could to retain what they want for their future. They seem to have things in place not just for money but to ensure people are happy and want to stay where they are . That has been BDs success .

• Like 1

Another thing that is going right at Boston is the MMs and their attitude. They are focused on the show: consistently challenging and competing with themselves. The times I've observed them at rehearsal, there is no deficiency in their focus and drive. No sluggishness, no boredom, no inattention. When there is a break, they down some water and run back to their spots, ready and standing by. In short, they inspire. This is what we all love about this activity: those periods of "flow", where the discipline and hard work feel to be paying off. That is the experience that most every one of us wishes for every member of every drum corps. Regardless of scores or placements, it is that focus on personal excellence and teamwork toward a bigger goal (the show) that makes us happy for them and the memorable experiences this activity provides. 

• Like 5