2017 Boston Crusaders

7 minutes ago, Ediker said:

Another thing that is going right at Boston is the MMs and their attitude. They are focused on the show: consistently challenging and competing with themselves. The times I've observed them at rehearsal, there is no deficiency in their focus and drive. No sluggishness, no boredom, no inattention. When there is a break, they down some water and run back to their spots, ready and standing by. In short, they inspire. This is what we all love about this activity: those periods of "flow", where the discipline and hard work feel to be paying off. That is the experience that most every one of us wishes for every member of every drum corps. Regardless of scores or placements, it is that focus on personal excellence and teamwork toward a bigger goal (the show) that makes us happy for them and the memorable experiences this activity provides. 

Wonderful post imo.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

I dont think the poster you answered was trying to be snarky toward BAC. It could be ( hopefully with good intent ) a legit question. Lets face it drum corps people ( designers ) can be a little here today gone tomorrow without thinking of consequence . I'm sure BAC has done what they could to retain what they want for their future. They seem to have things in place not just for money but to ensure people are happy and want to stay where they are . That has been BDs success .

This. :91_thumbsup:

11 hours ago, Liahona said:

Oh how I do love virtual hornline written by Ryan George for the BAC :)

Awesome. That hornline is for real! Can't wait to see where they place in brass this year!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, E3D said:

I knew the Haters would show up. 

It was predictable. 

GO BAC!

It's ridiculous when people think that way 

very short sighted and small minded

BAC is having a great season and we all benefit, the members benefit and frankly the whole activity benefits!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Crown fans being as classy as ever :lle:

Name a competitive corps who has never had a fan say anything of this nature anywhere on the internet and I will send someone over to teach you how to use a search engine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Name a competitive corps who has never had a fan say anything of this nature anywhere on the internet and I will send someone over to teach you how to use a search engine.

Do the engines hurt like brass knuckles and sabres?

2 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

I dont think the poster you answered was trying to be snarky toward BAC. It could be ( hopefully with good intent ) a legit question. Lets face it drum corps people ( designers ) can be a little here today gone tomorrow without thinking of consequence . I'm sure BAC has done what they could to retain what they want for their future. They seem to have things in place not just for money but to ensure people are happy and want to stay where they are . That has been BDs success .

My response was sarcastic in the sense that the subject matter of the questions posed had been gone over and over as nauseum for many months. My main issue with the post was that I found it a bit surprising that the poster presented a theory that Boston was being judged/scored more favorably, pushing them up into 12th just because of impending, or non confirmed staff changes for the coming year.  That in and of itself is a ridiculous and ignorant statement. Maybe the rest of the post was intended as you say but that particular piece was as I mentioned or just plain silly at best.

Edited by LabMaster

6 minutes ago, skevinp said:

You're right. It's the nature of competition. We'd all be bored if there were no competitive aspect. Unkind winners are far worse than sore losers though, imho. 

26 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Never mind, not worth derailing this thread 

Edited by Cappybara

4 hours ago, corps8294 said:

1.  The million dollar question is, can they maintain their current place in the top 12 or higher in the years to come?

2.  Can they maintain this staff in the years to come? 

1.  The excitement that this years show has brought to the field should motivate talented mm to audition this Fall.  Other than possibly the guard, the brass and percussion may not have as many age outs as in previous years.

2.  For the time being, that's not an issue.  I can only imagine how proud and pumped up this staff is after seeing how the mm have taken to the show given them and the energy taking place on and off the field.

No one in the IAM organization has handed out order forms for folks to put down their ring sizes.  But like any professional sports team, their goal is to do just that at some point.  This year is just another step in that direction.

• Like 2