2017 Boston Crusaders

38 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Do the engines hurt like brass knuckles and sabres?

1983 BAC at DCI Miami..attacked with no provocation by a local gang with brass knuckles, pipes and their  own instruments...all while just walking to the stadium. Needless to say this mighty band of Warrior-Giants kicked their tails and then proceeded to give this fantastic rendition of 'Conquest'.

Congratulations BAC !!

BAC Conquest Miami '83

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

1983 BAC at DCI Miami..attacked with no provocation by a local gang with brass knuckles, pipes and their  own instruments...all while just walking to the stadium. Needless to say this mighty band of Warrior-Giants kicked their tails and then proceeded to give this fantastic rendition of 'Conquest'.  BAC Conquest Miami '83

Twenty horns and 21 when the DM Mike W. (?) played.  Love his "Stokie" fist punches during Conquest.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

Just now, Ghost said:

Twenty horns and 21 when the DM Mike W. (?) played.  Love his "Stokie" fist punches during Conquest.

and that core of the Corps..now are the Board of Directors "Building A Champion".

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Inspire Arts & Music provided the musicians for the National Anthem TODAY at Fenway Park! 

I20046395_10213770442114078_6791609720163

Great job, kids!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LabMaster said:

My response was sarcastic in the sense that the subject matter of the questions posed had been gone over and over as nauseum for many months. My main issue with the post was that I found it a bit surprising that the poster presented a theory that Boston was being judged/scored more favorably, pushing them up into 12th just because of impending, or non confirmed staff changes for the coming year.  That in and of itself is a ridiculous and ignorant statement. Maybe the rest of the post was intended as you say but that particular piece was as I mentioned or just plain silly at best.

Gotcha.

I guess I focused on the rest of the post  .

5 hours ago, corps8294 said:

Boston was destined to move up in the top 12 towards the end of finals week, last year, when word was getting out of whom they would be acquiring. The million dollar question is, can they maintain their current place in the top 12 or higher in the years to come? Can they maintain this staff in the years to come? I've seen this happen before where a corps will acquire and gain only to have it be short term success. Here's hoping they will be an exception to the rule. 

I'm not sure I would agree they were "destined" and I say this as someone who hoped they would make finals and one of the only ones cheering about it in my section in Indy (sat with lots of Madison alums, a few board members, and proud parents). I saw Boston Crusaders in Quincy in early August things were looking better and Allentown was s good performance. Prelims was good but the kids were nervous, at least it appeared that way, and semi's almost had the "if this is going to be our last show, we're finishing with a bang" which turned out to be enough of a boost. 

In Quincy, there were rumblings of good things happening this year, no specifics, but tentative excitement, but in a stadium full of alums and longtime fans, as well as being a home show, is that out of the ordinary? Allentown was when names began to emerge and by Indy, lots of names circulated but of the many names, only Gino and Colin turned out to be accuarate and I don't recall hearing any of the guard names. 

Did the kids do a better job because the heard names? Maybe, but where some well connected alums did not know until announcements were made, this may not be likely. I think two good performances in Quincy and Allentown, combined with visiting MPB in Hyde Park, along with practicing at Lucas Oil on the Wednesday prior to prelims had more of an impact. The major criticism of last year was design. That didn't change when rumors of new staff circulated nor did it cause Madison to score slightly lower. Regarding whether Boston can maintain the staff and progress, of course that remains to be seen, but BAC is not just throwing money around, it is part of a strategic plan about three or four years in the making, and I'm sure that keeping good staff is part of that plan.