2017 Boston Crusaders

6 minutes ago, craiga said:

Colin, like all of the caption heads this year, has been with the corps ALMOST nonstop since the beginning of spring training.  I know this only because I keep seeing him in photos at rehearsal, in the food line etc.   One of the caption heads btold me back in Vermont that their contracts were pretty specific about time spent with the corps, so unlike other teams, no need to "call in" the big guns.  They are with the corps as we speak.

And speaking of food lines, the food served by BAC has been far above average for a couple decades now, but the new chef is unbelievable!  I had several dinners during move-in that were restaurant-caliber.  All part of BAC trying to give the kids the best experience possible.

awwww... no more Sader Stew?  ...lol..I kid :)

• Like 2

I actually haven't seen Sader Stew in years...but I did have some kind of a rice/veggie/stir fry in Vermont than Anthony had made from scratch that was so spicy it made my forehead sweat. The kids were loving it!~

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, craiga said:

And speaking of food lines, the food served by BAC has been far above average for a couple decades now, but the new chef is unbelievable!  I had several dinners during move-in that were restaurant-caliber.  All part of BAC trying to give the kids the best experience possible.

19958928_1626621617410502_72366528431416

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Liahona said:

19958928_1626621617410502_72366528431416

Yes L. The kids are enjoying the food that is being prepare for them.   A lot of food donation\buy a meal by all the generous people as well.  

Edited by emc2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

I thought this was standard practice. Has it not been this way with BAC in recent years?

No.  And I think this is common for many corps; that the staff isn't touring for the entire tour.  They come in and out throughout the tour.  Some are in early others come in later.

4 hours ago, craiga said:

I actually haven't seen Sader Stew in years...but I did have some kind of a rice/veggie/stir fry in Vermont than Anthony had made from scratch that was so spicy it made my forehead sweat. The kids were loving it!~

Years ago, and I am talking years now, the best meal served at one point was Paul Bush's glop.  I heard it was quite good but I never had any.  The kids ate it all.  Aside from that Kraft Mac & Cheese was very popular.

38 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

it was a hot mess but at times didn't taste so bad...lol...don't forget the canned ravioli...a treat..lol

OT: I taught a Garden State corps back in the 70's. On a trip to Butler PA, the parents cooked up pasta one meal. It was very cheap pasta...and they overcooked it so much it dissolved into a pot of inedible starch.

On the plus side, their uniforms had never looked to sharp and pants well-creased.     :laughing:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, craiga said:

I hear the roasted witch is sinfully delicious.

• Like 3