2017 Boston Crusaders

2 hours ago, emc2 said:

The one that I like was Friendly's.  From Springfield Ma I think.

Wilbraham.

I was the dishwasher at 6 am each morning for the first Friendly's on Long Island back in the mid 1960's; and after opening it, I had all the left over ice cream I wanted until the breakfast crew came in at 7 am. On Thursday, no matter what the temps outside during the summer, I had to go to work in thermal underwear as I spent 8 hours in the Freezer sorting the tubs of ice cream the truck from Mass. would deliver down the shoot to subfreezing temps. Monies went to pay my transportation to Catholic high school, buy my Drum Corps News subscription, my Fleetwood records, and what we  spent at the local drum corps contests with the other Medford Grenadiers. Paul Litteau, DCI HoFer, was the drill writer and instructor those years he served in the military on L.I.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

What are they, some kind of popsicle?

HOT TAKE

Speaking of popsicles...

If anybody from Alabama (or the Southeast or any place really) would like to chip in $ for a very special unique surprise for the corps when they are in Birmingham, AL, please send me a private message. I'm hoping we can get enough people to contribute to make it feasible. 

• Like 1