2017 Boston Crusaders

9 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Well well well.  

All my live drum corps experiences happen during this week in Texas, and that goes back to 2010.  The hype around this show was REAL, from myself and everyone else.  

Did it disappoint?

.........this is near the top of the most fun, engaging, intense, and well coordinated shows I've ever experienced live.  Perfectly spaced out effect moments, incredible command of attention from all sections but ESPECIALLY the amazing color guard, incredibly mature and loud brass, fantastic percussion, and all packaged in a show that anyone can get and is entertaining as hell.  

Back after the Muncie broadcast indoors I talked about how fantastic the musical constructions was, I can echo that visually.  Everything was coordinated and staged in an incredibly organic and logical way.  You knew where to look, what to listen for, who was doing what, what story line event was going on, etc.  

And it's all sold by the members who look like they totally buy, sell, and love performing this show.  I don't have to talk to them to know that.  Had a great time talking to one of the people working the souvenir booth before and after the show, it sounds like everything is going about as well as it could.  I told her I don't think there is anything that could make this season not a success, the last time I saw them live was back in 2013 and this corps is transformed.  They're one of the big dogs now.  Told her to tell the members they kick ###.  Cause they are.  

I think I might have to wear the shirt I bought today in San Antonio, this was probably my favorite show I saw live so far this week.  Dying to see it again.  Incredible job.  

What a wonderful glowing review!  The best part is you're not even a Boston homer!  I love it and I'm sure whoever else reads this will love it too! :)

• Like 5

I forgot about the singer!!!

She was INCREDIBLE!  The way she sits in the texture of the brass writing is amazing, and she killed it live.  She looks and sounds like part of a high end show or production performing as a character, not just a singer in a drum corps show.  Amazing performer.  

• Like 7

4 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I forgot about the singer!!!

She was INCREDIBLE!  The way she sits in the texture of the brass writing is amazing, and she killed it live.  She looks and sounds like part of a high end show or production performing as a character, not just a singer in a drum corps show.  Amazing performer.  

Yes sir she is not limited to singing only.  She is a full guard contributor as well.  A talented young lady and the singing in combo with brass is very well blended within the music book.  Her voice "sound" fits so well.  I love the ballad most particularly when the brass kicks in with the swell.  Thanks for your critique and kind words.

• Like 3

I'm back.  I haven't visited Drum Corps Planet since April 22, 2013; that's what the website said.

At my first visit of BAC 2017 in Castleton, Craiga told me that the corps kids were aiming for 4th place at DCI.  "This isn't my regular pre-season hype.  This is real!"

This looks like a fun season!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BAC91 said:

I'm back.  I haven't visited Drum Corps Planet since April 22, 2013; that's what the website said.

At my first visit of BAC 2017 in Castleton, Craiga told me that the corps kids were aiming for 4th place at DCI.  "This isn't my regular pre-season hype.  This is real!"

This looks like a fun season!

Welcome back :)

• Like 1

I have searched all over DCP, DCI Intl. as well as Boston's website and can't determine who's voice (or voices) are used in and throughout their 2017 show.  Anyone know?  Particularly interested in the male voice that utters: "You are hearby charged..." etc, etc, etc

Somewhere - I thought I heard some was from the B-Way play "Wicked", maybe I'm just imaginably assuming that's where some of it is taken from.

Anyone?

26 minutes ago, PRPhan4ever said:

I have searched all over DCP, DCI Intl. as well as Boston's website and can't determine who's voice (or voices) are used in and throughout their 2017 show.  Anyone know?  Particularly interested in the male voice that utters: "You are hearby charged..." etc, etc, etc

Somewhere - I thought I heard some was from the B-Way play "Wicked", maybe I'm just imaginably assuming that's where some of it is taken from.

Anyone?

None of Boston's vocals, at least the ones I've heard, are from Wicked. Crown's ballad music is, so maybe that's what you're thinking of. 

26 minutes ago, PRPhan4ever said:

Anyone?

I do not know for sure, but I am under the impression that the "voice" is not an actual person, but a bit of software artistry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PRPhan4ever said:

Anyone?

Don't hold my feet to the fire on this  but I asked about this and was told it was folks from Leander HS's(Texas)theater department. The connection is Boston's sound team are also Leander's sound team. They've been doing an incredible job at Leander for years !!

3 hours ago, craiga said:

I do not know for sure, but I am under the impression that the "voice" is not an actual person, but a bit of software artistry.

and aren't actual trial transcripts from 1692 quoted throughout?

• Like 1